Chapter Eight

Sleep didn't come easy to anyone in the Ghost crew that night, well except for Zeb. Kanan had talked to Ezra which had resulted in the boy giving his master a weak smile before trying to stifle a yawn. Kanan had told him to go to bed before retiring to his own room, only to toss and turn for hours. Ezra on the other hand was too wrapped up in his own thoughts and Zeb's snoring to even close his eyes. Hera finally fell into a dreamless sleep, and Sabine gave up on the idea of resting all together and painted until the early hours of the morning until she stunk of paint fumes and could barely keep her eyes open.

Hera's voice came over the loud speaker much too early the next morning for all of them, including the Lasat. Begrudgingly Sabine got up and got ready before joining the rest of the crew in the lounge area.

"What could you have woken us up so early for?" Zeb complained as he stretched.

"A mission from Fulcrum." Hera replied simply. That was usually her answer now.

"I say Fulcrum needs to get a clock because apparently they don't know what time it is." Ezra yawned. Sabine just rolled her eyes and Kanan smirked, happy to see his young apprentice back to his normal self.

"It's a simple mission. Just drop in and out before the Suns rise. We need to pick up a few crates that should be marked with "Harrin" on it."

"What could the Empire want with Harrin?" Kanan asked. Hera nodded at Sabine. She always seemed to have a surprisingly vast knowledge of the planets, and Hera couldn't help wonder what exactly the Empire had made her study, and if other stormtroppers had this sort of knowledge too. If only she would talk about it, it could be a huge help.

"Harrin was big with trading during the Clone Wars. It was aligned with the Separatists." Seilence filled the room for a moment. "Whatever is in those crates must be important." Sabine finished.

"We'll be there in thirty minuets." Hera told them as she headed towards the cockpit. "Get ready. We don't want to have to fight. That will be our last resort."

Chopper grumbled a few things about how early it was before following Hera.

After the others had left the room Ezra turned towards Kanan. "Kanan, I don't have a good feeling about this mission."

The blind Jedi nodded. "I don't sense anything. However, we are all tired. It might just be lack of sleep."

Ezra seemed to buy it as he walked away to prepare, but deep down he knew something was wrong. It was something big.