7. A Doctor's Examination

Song: Not Gonna Die (with Intro) -Skillet

It's been almost a year and a half since the Autobots and Decepticons battled over the All Spark, resulting in Megatron's death. The last fragment of the Cube is in some government facility, and all the Autobots, except Bumblebee, live in a new, military-run base called NEST, whatever that stands for. And Sam went off to college about a week ago.

Meanwhile, after seeing the symbol carved on my arm, Mom and Dad did send me to another psych ward, even after I explained the Cyberglyphics thing. (They kind of had to believe it, thanks to the Autobots backing my story.) I don't like it, but it's ok, because this ward is different than the last one. So maybe they lock me in my room at night, and the food is awful, and they sometimes have to force me to take my medicine... On the flip side, they have never once hit me, they supply me with plenty of paper and pencils, I can decorate my room, have online schooling at my own pace. They even let Sam (and Bumblebee) take me out to the park once a week, and sometimes my parents will visit. So it's not so bad.

Anyway, Sam promised to take me out today for my fifteenth birthday. The only downside to this is that I have to wear the short-sleeved blue jumpsuit the ward requires. I refuse the flimsy cloth-like shoes, however, as we usually just walk around the park and talk. When Sam arrives, however, he isn't alone. He has brought Mikaela and some guy I don't recognize.

"Sam!" I call, running to hug him. "Hi, Mikaela. Who's your friend?"

"I'll explain in a minute," Sam says quietly. "Right now, we gotta go."

After checking me out, we all get in Mikaela's car, which is horribly dented in the front, me and the new guy in the back seat. He introduces himself as Leo, then immediately starts talking about some hot chick who went all crazy and tried to kill them.

"What is he talking about?" I ask as Mikaela drives us away.

"Ok," Sam sighs. "So, a... somewhat attractive... college girl was hitting on me, and she turned out to be a Decepticon. But she was actually looking for you, and when I didn't tell her where you were, she freaked and tried to kill us. So we need to get you to the Autobots so they can protect you."

"Ok, that's not at all what I was expecting," I admit.

"Also, happy birthday," Sam adds, then hands me a small package.

I open the box to reveal a wooden necklace shaped like the Autobot's symbol.

"They asked me to have it made," Sam explains. "There's a little button on the back, so if you're ever in trouble just press it and they will be able to find you."

"Thank you," I smile, putting it on.

Then, Mikaela suddenly spins the car around, cursing. I look out the window to see a helicopter following us. A Decepticon.

"It's catching up!" I warn, seconds before a hook shoots down through the roof, pulling us up into the air. Sam nearly falls out, but Mikaela is able to pull him back in.

"Press the button, press the button, press the button!" Sam yells, and I fumble with the necklace until I finally have pressed the button before tucking it under my jumpsuit so our captors hopefully won't see it.

We scream as we're dropped into an abandoned building. The car crashes through a glass roof and lands upside-down. As soon as we land, a saw cuts the car in half, making us scream even more.

We get out of the car and step into the rubble, only to be met with Megatron snarling at us. He sees me immediately.

"Come here, girl," he orders, and I slowly step forward, hands raised in surrender. "Closer... You remember me, don't you? I saw you at that battle."