14. Not Quite Human

Song: Fallen Angel -Three Days Grace

(Think of this song as being from Lennox to El during this chapter...)

It's the first time I've been outside the base in six months, though three months ago we lost Jolt, a kind-hearted, 'eco-friendly' Autobot, under Megatron's threat. But Optimus has finally agreed to let me visit my family. Under strict supervision, of course. Bumblebee and Lennox are coming with me.

Even though I am much stronger and faster than I was when I went to live at NEST, I am still rather short and skinny for my age. But I've built muscle. I'm good with many different guns, and pretty decent at hand-to-hand combat. Lennox has the bruises to prove it. Not that he doesn't leave bruises on me, too, still. It's a mutual butt-kicking now.

We're driving through an empty forest road when, out of nowhere, three Decepticons arrive. One of them is Starscream.

Bumblebee transforms, leaving Lennox and I on the ground. We pull out our guns, but one of the Decepticons pulls out a magnetic grip, ripping the weapons away from us.

As Bumblebee fights the three, Lennox grabs my hand and begins running towards the forest. We don't get far, however, as Starscream follows us. He grabs me and my grip on Lennox's hand falters as I'm lifted high above the ground. I scream, but I know Bumblebee is already fighting the other two.

"I've got you now, fleshling," Starscream snarls, before pulling at my necklace with a long, clawed digit. "What's this? A way to cry for help?"

The Decepticon rips the necklace from me, throwing it to the ground.

"Let her go!" Lennox shouts. "The Autobots will be here in minutes! They'll rip you to pieces for messing with her!"

"Oh, really," Starscream smirks, before grabbing Lennox as well.

Starscream transforms, Lennox and I landing inside him, in the seats, and wraps the belts and harnesses tightly around us, holding us still. The jet takes off with us, passing directly over Bee, who I see is injured.

After an hour or so of flying at incredibly high speeds, Starscream takes us to a large abandoned building, transforming and letting us fall to the ground before Megatron.

"For once you have not failed me, Starscream," Megatron states. "Only, you brought me two humans. Why?"

Starscream seems to bow. "He cares for the girl," he explains. "I thought he could help us convince the girl to comply with our plans."

"Good thinking," Megatron compliments, before picking me up in a clawed hand. "It's been a while, fleshling. How I would love to strip you of your flesh, but I have new plans for you. We start in two days. For now, Starscream, take them to the cell."

"Yes, Master," Starscream answers, taking me and Lennox.

The Decepticon throws us into a room with metal walls and a thick door. It's cold. Freezing, really, and damp. He locks us in.

"El?" Lennox asks, coming over to me. "El, you alright?"

Sitting up and holding my head, I nod. "Why did he say we'll start in two days?" I question. "Last time, they just wanted my brain and were going to take it right then." I shiver at the memory.

"I don't know," Lennox sighs, wrapping an arm around me. "But something tells me they want more than just your brain this time."

The two days pass with no food, little water, and multiple beatings. For wanting me alive, they sure didn't treat me like it. But they only hurt Lennox when he tries to protect me.