The call

As both Emmett and Nicole ran into the forest laughing away, Nicole knew she could easily catch up to him. But for now she's letting him think that he's faster then her.

"Hey now I thought you were this strong supernatural original vampire."

"Now your just playing into a very dangerous game love do you really want to continue." She smirked.
"Well I like a challenge sweetheart." And he quickly turned around and headed straight toward her. She was surprised for a split second but she quickly picked up speed and at the last second just as Emmett was about wrap his arms around her, quickly dived to the right.
As Emmett followed with his gaze he didn't see what was in front of him when looked toward it was to late he crashed right into a tree, which you can imagine made a huge crash and brought the tree down.
Nicole stood still for a second she then began in a fit of giggles. He stood up and shook his head and looked over at her.

"It's not that funny."

"Oh trust me it is, love"
"Really now you won't think like that now."
He quickly took off toward her, but of course Nicole wasn't fazed as soon as Emmett was close, she grabbed his arm she flipped him behind her. As soon as he was on the ground she quickly sat on top of him.

"Now, have you learned your lesson, Love?" Nicole asks the big male, as she sat on top of him.
With a reluctant sigh, "Yes" he replied with a pout back.

Which brought about a fit of giggles from the original vampire. Nicole rolled off him and laid beside him as her giggles continued. Until she let out a sigh with a content smile on her face.

"You know Emmett this is the first time since before I was turned that I actually had fun. And even then I hadn't had this much fun before." She says and turns her head to look at him.

Emmett smiled feeling accomplished to have made her smile and laugh like she did.

"I'm glad I was able to help." He smirked. Nicole only rolled her eyes when she saw that smirk. She turned her head back toward the cloudy sky and closed her eyes. Thinking back to the phone call she had with Eliza she was glad to have heard from her human friend. What bothered her was what she she said of Damon after all they got along great almost like family.

"Something on your mind?" Emmett asked concerned now looking toward her.

"Just worried about what my friend said about Damon a fellow vamp who I had become close with during my time in Mystic Falls." Emmett frowned.

"So a boyfriend of yours." He said so with a bitter tone. Which Nicole might have heard or could have been her imagination. She snorted just thinking of her and Damon together.

"No he's like family to me I would never even think of getting with him." As she giggles at the idea.

"Oh." Emmett now embarrassed starches the back of his head.

"I just hope he calls me by the end of today or at least the week I'm afraid that if he lets this sadness of that damn girl get to him he might flip the switch.."

"Flip the switch?" He asks.

"Yeah it's turning off our emotions our humanity like a switch when we don't want to feel the pain, guilt really but when your old as me you can't  really switch it off anymore I guess we just get good at pushing those types of feeling away. Like how my family and I are we really are cruel when it comes to taking life or breaking people we just don't feel guilt for it. I bet this makes you like me less right after all I've been told I'm heartless." She says with a sigh not looking at Emmett not wanting to look at the disappointment and disgust on his face.