|Chapter V • Monochrome|

It was already afternoon when I decided to drag myself down the stairs. I went to the kitchen and looked up at the clock on the wall above the window, it marked a quarter past four, meaning classes were already over. Cleo and Darrin wouldn't be home from work before seven like every Monday, and the money was on the counter in case I wanted to order sushi instead of cooking myself supper.

Having that free time to think when you tend to overthink things didn't seem good at all to me, I knew exactly how things could end up and honestly part of me didn't care, but the other part of me didn't wanna cause any more pain to the few ones who still cared.

I walked to the living room and threw myself on the red couch as I unlocked my phone, this time decided to message someone. Daniel still wasn't an option as I was still a bit hurt by what he said yesterday, and neither was Dyron since he had vanished once more and hasn't been replying to my texts.

I was ready to just sleep the rest of the day away when realised I did have someone I could count on. Tristan. We didn't speak since the camo club where drunk me brushed him off, but he was a good lad to be around, I couldn't think about better company.

___________Message:__________
AMY
Hey, stranger. Come around to mine if you fancy.

TRIS
I sure do, baby. I'm a bit busy helping my stepmom right now, but I'll stop by as soon as I'm free. Pizza's on me this time.

AMY
See ya later then.
_______________________________

The minute I approached the stairs to go back to my lair, the doorbell rang, making me groan in frustration, a 'humpf' left my lips while I walked towards the front door. I opened the door to see a smiling Heather on my barn, we barely spoke in the last couple of days. Why was she at my house?

"Hey." She said while walking into the house as if it was her own. She turned around and looked at me as if there was something unusual with my looks, "You look like shit."

I gave her a confused look ignoring her comment and asked, "What you doing 'ere?"

"Visiting my friend, of course. I stopped by the other day, but your dad said you were gonna spend the night at Dan's." She said while making her way to the kitchen, "You two are sleeping together, aren't ya?" She yelled.

My eyes widened in confusion, "What the hell?!"

She walked back to the living room with a can of soda in her hands and sat on the couch crossing her legs, "Come on, I want all the details."

"We're not, we're just good old friends." I told her slowly, trying to make myself clear, "And I thought you were mad at me?"

She let out a short sigh and looked up at me, "I know I said things the other night and I'm sorry, okay? I'm not mad, you're one of my best friends."

I was still a bit hurt by the way she acted that night. It wasn't what she said, but how she said it. Heather was the first person to talk to me when I transferred to my current school six years ago, and we've been friends ever since. We got a bit distant in the last few months, but she was still one of my closest friends, I thought we were intimate enough to be sincere with each other without needing to get completely drunk first.

That sounds pathetic coming from me, I know.

"Guess what?" She said in excitement, not giving me time to speak, "Markus has been asking me about you."