|Chapter VIII • True Faces|

The past week was a rough one, but like usual, I managed to get through it. After some thinking I came to conclusion it was for the best that my legal guardians and I had an honest conversation, and so we did. I did not want to wait three whole weeks for that to happen, so we had to videochat Darrin to do so, but luckily it all went just fine for the three of us. I opened myself up about some things that were going on and how I felt, and how I tried to find a quick scape in the wrong way. They were very concerned at first, but they sort of understood my side, and I agreed to a quick program to make sure I'd stay on track and keeping on battling to leave that part of me behind.

Even realising I had to be honest with them, I wasn't completely. We talked about a very serious subject, but I kept quiet about others that were important just as much. In my head it was for the best, I thought that maybe if we took one step at the time, things would be way easier to solve.

I walked for about thirty minutes until I saw a tall robust guy, with medium light brown hair, may I add it was as messy as my own mind. He was backing up against the bus stop box, looking as if he had legit just woken up right there.

Daniel glared at me and put his hands up to the skies, like he was thanking the heavens for my arrival, "I don't know how you're able to walk to school this early in the morning."

"You live at a five minutes walk distance from there, ya baby." I stated while handing him the thermal cup with black coffee I had brought as a peace offer.

He took a long sip of the drink I had given him, his eyelids closed as he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, a smile forming on his lips. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic scene and he chuckled briefly, throwing his right arm over my shoulder as we proceed to keep on walking to school.

***

As I walked through the school hallways, I spotted a distracted Tristan leaning against the wall near the drinking fountain, scrolling on his phone.

"Hey stranger." I shook his broad shoulders from behind, he turned to face me and I greeted him with a large smile.

He slid the phone in his pocket, focusing his attention on me. "Smiley today, aren't we."

"So, about going to the beach house with your family this weekend..." I pursed my lips, pausing in attempt of a dramatic moment. He looked down at his feet trying to hide a frown, "I think it'll be nice, for the two of us."

He looked up with a grin on his face, then kissed-pecked my lips, "They'll adore you, babe."

"Maybe you wanna hang at mine's later?" I suggested, "Since I'm officially meeting your parents, I guess I should formally introduce you to mine as well."

"Your dad hates me now." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes at his dramatical assumption, "He does not."

"Fine, but I have to do something first." He said as he opened his locker, picking up a few books and closing it again.

I nodded, still smiling at him. Tristan had turned into someone I wanted around often, his company was comforting and his positive energy could lift up any mood.
Our chatting kept on as we walked down the school hallways and through the same old teens we were used to seeing everyday.

***

Hours passed and classes went by, and I actually was able to focus properly enough to get a good amount of notes to help me study for the few final exams we still had to take. I had already put on the blue jogging shorts and the white large tank top, and proceeded to tie my hair up in a tight ponytail. It was time for gym class and I was kinda digging it since we almost always had to jog around, and that would benefit me in multiple ways.