|Chapter XI • Impulsively Original |

In a couple seconds our lips had parted, he looked me a bit startled with a confused look in his eyes, but none of us would say a word. The feeling of being a complete idiot took over my body, and I was almost convinced of what a terrible idea that was, but then his lips crashed against mine once again, disconnecting me from those thoughts.

He gripped gently on my waist while my right hand cupped the side of his jawline as we shared a soft, yet somewhat passionate kiss. His lips had the familiar taste of menthol, and a hint of bourbon was definitely there, almost fading completely, I liked it. His left hand moved to my lower back, pulling our bodies closer as our lips moved perfectly synced, and it's safe to say we were both surprised to be enjoying what was happening.

We slowly pulled away, exchanging small pecks to finish off the make out session, he slowly let go of my waist, resting his hand on the countertop by my side as I stood in between, we both looking away avoiding eye contact. God, I should've thought that through.

"So... I-I have to go... Do something." He stuttered, clearly shy.

"Yeah, I have to... too." I awkwardly said and immediately felt like the most stupid person in the world.

He grabbed his cup of water while rubbing the back of his hair, walking backwards and making his way out of the kitchen. A heavy sigh left my lips as I flicked the lid off a half-empty vodka bottle and chugged it down a bit. My drinking had been moderate all night, so that was much needed.

I was not able to process what had just happened, Gusion Collins and I kissed... And it was good?! My head was a mess, have I gotten drunk with so little alcohol consumption? Or was he too drunk already? Did that really happened? Should I congratulate him on being such a good kisser? Should we never speak ever again?

All the rhetorical questions were put aside as I recomposed myself before entering the living room to socialize for a little, and not be seen as antisocially awkward by everyone else. Daniel instantly shoot me a glare along with a
cheeky smirk, telling me he already knew. Kristyn, who was still glued by his side, looked me up and down again, as if she was analysing me and trying to figure something out.

"What the fuck, Amy?!" Heather appeared in front of my eyes whisper-yelling at me, then pulled me to a corner a bit more private, "What were you kissing Gus for?"

I bit the inside of my cheek shyly, "He told you too?"

"It's safe to say half the people in here saw it." That wasn't a good thing in my perspective, I actually didn't want everyone to know, not because it was a secret, but because I didn't want them thinking it was just to be the talk of the week, specially Gusion.

She crossed her arms in front of her chest, demonstrating frustration and annoyance, "How do you think Mark's gonna feel about it?"

"He's probably too busy making out with Ashlee to care." I shrugged whilst bitting the side of my thumb anxiously.

She looked away while exhaling, the look in her face was the exact same she had when I told her about Tristan. I was internally wondering why the hell she always knows about these stuff and never tells me, and in Mark's case, encourages me to go for it.

"Ya know what, forget abou them boys for a while and come dance with me. It's been ages since we got proper fun together." She grabbed me by my hands and pulled me into the mix of people drunkly dancing and chatting around, not giving me time to question her.

It was just an excuse for me not to get deep into that subject, but she made a point. It had indeed been a while since we did something together, just the two of us like the old times. I was so deep into my own shit that we grew apart in the past few months, but she had her bit of fault as well. Keeping secrets, snapping at me for no reason, prioritising her boyfriend and his friends... She helped me to grow apart from her. Maybe the time we were inseparable had passed and things had changed, but part of me thought that it didn't mean we could not go back to the way we were one day.