Jisung

Being a final year college student is not easy. Classes, projects, crucial exams that determine your future and the struggles of paying off all your student loans are pressuring and threatening to crush you under their weight.

Sending your CV to all the part-time job openings in your area, you still haven't found one that doesn't require much work experience and will be able to let you work outside school hours.

~

You were finishing off your calculus homework before class when your friend Ailee ran towards you like a maniac screaming your name.

Collapsing into the seat next to you, she paused to catch her breath. "Hey, you know how I work at that nail salon in the mall right?" She managed to get out between breaths.

"Yes?" You raised an eyebrow while typing in the digits from the question into your calculator.

"My boss said they need a part time worker for Sundays because one of the unnies went on maternity leave and I told him that I have a friend that may be interested." She smiled waiting for you to process her words.

You turned around and stared at her "I've never done a manicure or pedicure in my life."

"As long as you can paint prettily, the boss can teach you the rest of the procedures. Since you were able to do that cute nail design for Christmas last year..."

"Yes yes yes I can. Omg I love you so much Ai" you exclaimed, doing a mini happy dance in your seat.

"Chill (Y/N) you haven't even gone for an interview yet don't get your hopes up too much."

"Never mind, I don't love you anymore."

"(Y/N)..."

~Le time skip~

Standing in front of the cutely decorated store, you took a deep breath and pushed open the door. One of the workers stood up from her seat "Hello! Welcome to GLOW nail salon, how may I help you today?"

"Oh hi. Uh. I'm here for the interview?" You stuttered nervously, after all it is your first job interview and you didn't really know what to expect.

"Ah yes, (Y/N) right? The boss is in the back room over there, just knock."

During the interview, the manager had you do her hands with normal nail polish. Unfortunately, doing the painting on someone else's hands is a lot trickier than painting your own nails- especially when you're not used to holding the person's hand the 'professional way'.

It was obvious that you were not able to work there straightaway because of your lack of experience, however you were given the chance to go and learn the procedures at the shop which you accepted since you don't have anything better to do anyways.

~A few weeks later~

Your phone buzzed. Reaching over, you opened the new notification to see a message from the boss.

Your heart sank while reading the words: Hey (Y/N), you've been learning at GLOW for quite a while now. However, there is not much progress in your training (maybe because you only come in for a few hours a week) and I do not want you to waste your time here when there is a low chance of us hiring you at this moment in time. But, you are still welcome to come in and learn if you are truly interested in this career :)

You hit your head onto your desktop and sighed loudly. Although you were greatly disappointed in not getting the job, you did manage to learn quite a few skills during the time you spent there.