Bang Chan

(A/N) In this imagine, Straykids are the same age~

[Highschool AU]

Word count: 2.8k

Requested by DreamerOfDreams123. I'm sorry it took so long TT, hope you enjoy reading it :)

(Sorry, I tagged the wrong person the first time ><)

_________

You were a smart kid, getting high marks and being the top of your grade despite being a year younger than everyone else. You worked hard to maintain your grades and keeping your parents happy. That is, until you met him.

Bang Chan, the boy who transferred into you class at the end of the previous year. Like you, he came from overseas which is why you had tried hard to get to know him, to befriend him. But nope, he just had to ruin everything by replacing you as the top student.

Everyone liked him, except for you. Why? It may sound petty, but people who can get amazing results without putting in the effort just triggers you like nothing else. What's the point of working your ass off if someone who's born naturally talented decide to come waltzing in and stomps on all your hard work?

"If only grades were awarded based on effort and not intelligence." You muttered as you continued on typing your 9k word essay that was due the following week.

Loud laughter echoed from the hallway, the classroom door opened to reveal the group of demons and the devil himself- Chan and his friends.

To be honest, you have nothing against Chan's group of friends except the fact that they are Chan's friends.

"Yo (Y/N)~ What are you doing here at school this late?" Changbin asked, dumping his bag down onto his seat.

"I'm always here at this time, how come you guys are still here?" you replied.

"Hyunjin lost his phone" Jisung pointed towards the tall boy rummaging frantically through the class lost property box.

"Have you tried calling it?"

"Yeah, it was the first thing we did. But that idiot over there didn't charge his phone last night and its dead." Chan replied while checking the teacher's desk.

"Wait, was it a black Samsung? With a photo of Seungmin on the back?" You asked.

"Yes! Where did you see it?" Hyunjin rushed over to where you were sitting.

"It was on the window sill above the drinking fountain next to the gym. I handed it in to the office lady."

"The office? Thanks! Bye!" And with that, he was gone.

"..."

"Photo of Seungmin on the back? No wonder he was so determined to find it before us." Jisung snickered, wiping away his tears of laughter.

"I thought the phone belonged to one of Seungmins fangirls, didn't expect it to be a fanboy." You tried not to laugh, causing Seungmin to turn red with embarrassment.

"Since Hyunjin's got his phone, we should get going, before it gets too dark. You too (Y/N), be careful on your way home." Woojin said, glancing at his watch.

"Yes mom, I will, after I finish this paragraph." You answered, turning back to focus on your laptop again.

~~~

Saving your document and shutting your laptop, you stretched out your arms and glanced out of the window.

A beautiful sunset greeted you, signalling that it was time for you to head home. You grabbed your things and said goodbye to the cleaning ladies in the hallway.