5

Maya's point of view

It wasn't until now I realized how much I missed him. His face, his voice, his laugh, his smile. I have never even kissed him and I sound like we were together for years, but had broken up due to long distance or something.

"Hello?"

A very long pause, "Maya?"

Of course he checked my contact name. I was surprised he still had my number saved.

"Maya, is that you?"

Shit.

Hell.

Fuck.

"Maya, What's wro-"

I couldn't do it. Pressing end call. Putting my phone down.

"What the hell was that?" Caleb said, putting his hands in the air. 

My eyes widen. I had forgotten about him and him telling me to call him. I had been so caught up in my thoughts.

I wasn't ready to talk to Josh or even look at him. At least not yet.

"I can't do it." I sigh, sliding down the booth. Getting my coffee and taking a sip but get nothing. I had finished it already. "I am not ready." I sigh.

What had happened to badass Maya? The one who didn't care what other thought.

"I didn't mean it like that. I am sorry, babe." Caleb getting up and sitting next to me and hugging my side.

Resting my head on his shoulder, smelling his cologne and brought back small memories of our friendship.

We just sat there not saying a word to each other. He knew when to give me my space and when I needed a hug. Right now is when I just needed a hug.

"If it's meant to be then it will happen. Maya, babe. If it's not, then you can't force it." He says playing with my hair. Lazily braiding it.

"I know, it's just a little weird. Everyday he was on my mind even if it was for just a second. The feelings I had for him never went away. I don't think I even tried to move on. At all. It's just so complicated, you know?"

"I know, Maya. But you don't have to stress. I mean look at you. If I didn't like Jenny so much I would like you. You're freakin hot. And I mean hot. I can't help myself, I am a guy! You're a dream girl for a guy."

"You like Jenny." I sing, moving my shoulders and nudging his side.

Caleb's cheeks flush a pink color. I knew he liked her, everyone knew, but that was one of the first times I heard him say it out loud, it was mostly through text. "Shut up, or she'll hear you."

"You like Jenny!" I say louder causing people to stare, but Jenny was no near to hear. 

"Shut up." He mumbles with rosy, pink cheeks.

"Okay, fine." I giggle. His pink cheeks were so cute.

"But seriously, you will be okay. No matter what I am here for you."

"Thank you, Caleb. It's means a lot to me." I smile.

"Now let's go back to your apartment because I miss rainbow sunshine!" He says getting out the booth and him leaving to the counter to say bye to Jenny.

Throwing away my empty cup of coffee and made sure the table was clean before going to Caleb. I see Jenny blushing while talking to Caleb.

Walking to them, Caleb saying something to Jenny, throwing a small flirty wink to Jenny.

Caleb walked out of the cáfe. I looked at Jenny knowing she was going to freak out.

"Alright go."

"Oh my god! He's so hot." She jumps up and down biting her lip. "Yes please. Oh my god. Imagine saying his name when he hits the spot. Holy hell."

I was laughing trying to stand on my feet at this point. It was never this bad. It was mostly, 'omg. He's hot. I want to be his girlfriend.' It was not very sexual.

"I'm wet."

Time of death.

Maya Penelope Hunter.

Cause of death: laughter

"Stop laughing." She says.

I try to catch my breath. A few giggles escaping my mouth. "Every time. Jenny, bang if you want. He's single and likes you." I wink.

"Shut up. He doesn't like me." She says blushing.

"Bullshit! He does. Even a blind woman could see it." I say causing another blush on her cheeks.

"He doesn't."

"Alright, whatever you say. We're going to Riley's right now. See you later, Jenny."

"Bye Maya."

Walking out of the cáfe, Jenny telling me to say hi to Riley for her. Getting in Caleb's car, and driving to see my Sunshine.