11

Maya's point of view

Walking back to my dorm from class, but was stopped by a male's voice calling my name. One I haven't heard in a while.

Ryan.

I turn and see it was him. He had a blinding smile on his face. His hair looked as soft as a fluffy cloud.

I give him a warm smile. "Hey, Ryan. What's up?" I asked.

"I was meaning to ask you this a couple days ago but I never found you. It was like you were running away." He chuckles nervously.

"What is it," I ask.

"I was wondering if you wanted to- well I mean I am throwing this party at my house. I mean you don't really have to go. It's just an invitation. You know?"

I wanted to laugh how cute and nervous he looked and acted. I nodded,"I would love to go." Tucking a small amount of my blonde hair behind my ear.

"It's okay I get you have to go- wait you said yes."He says confused.

Did he really think I was going to say no to a party?

"Oh shit that's awesome. I'll call you. And pick you up and I'll drive you?" He says unsure.

"Sounds good, but I'll give you my number."

He hands me his phone and I put in my number and save my name under Maya💘. I hand him back his phone and smile.

"So I'll see you soon."

On my way going to Riley's, of course I am freaking out. Not knowing what I was going to wear or how I was going to act. Plus Ryan seemed like a good guy. Kinda.

I needed my best friend. And I needed her now. She was the only person I know that could help me.

I could have asked Caleb but he was just too much to handle sometimes.

Plus I needed girl time with my girl.

~~~

"Oh come. You never come to parties. What's so important that you don't want to go this time? You can't use studying for an excuse because finals ended last week." Riley stays quick and looks everywhere around our room but my eyes. "Is it a boy?"

She stays quiet and looks down and hides a blush on her cheeks.

I gasp,"Riley! I am you're best friend. How could you not tell me?"

I watch as she shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I want things to work out with him before I told you anything. You know?"

"I guess. So what are you go in to do with lover boy on Friday." I tease.

"I don't know. He says it's a surprise!" she says blushing on and on about the new boy in her love life. 

I loved seeing her happy. I watched her, not really listening to her. Her brown eyes sparkling with joy, the smile she had on her face, and the slight blush she had on her cheeks were something that made her beautiful. 

"But that's enough about him. Let's see what you are going to wear!"