-

"Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."
J.K Rowling

The cold breeze stings my exposed arms as I venture into the confines of my Mother's small apartment. My foot slides through the window with ease which is later followed by the rest body. The heat of the room wrapping itself around me like a blanket.  I turn around closing the window at risk from the freezing drift, Smiling achievingly as I do a small victory dance only to be stopped by a shrill voice that cracked through the air.

"What were you doing out so late?" I turn around defeated with my head held high "I was helping a friend." I falsely ooze confidence which slowly deteriorates as she puts her shaking hand on her hip.

"The same friend that will get you killed. Muties are nothing but scum that plague this earth." She spat at me bitterly and continued to deepened the knife. "They infest our riotous nation with their disease. Once they all die the world will be a happier and Better place."

I scrunch up my fists feeling my nails dig into my palm and blood slowly began to drip down my fingers travelling like a crimson current. But yet it wasn't enough I could feel the heat of my red steaming anger coursing in my veins on a unstoppable path of destruction.

"I am sick and tired of this. I am sick and tired of you judging me all the God damn time. I am sick and tired of your degrading eye on my life decisions. I am sick and tired of you!" I scream the last word then I feel it; The aggression. It realised from my body unexpectedly and before I knew what happened the room was covered, tearing apart at years of memories.

Fire invaded every inch of the room but yet not burning me only dancing across giving me a sense of comfort. That is till a deafening scream ripped me away from my solitude and dragged me to reality. I turn my head to the cause of the sound and see my mother crying for help. My anger turns into sadness as I see fear etched into the creases of her face.

So I run. I run through the flames. Trying to find a way to escape. I find my way out of the apartment door and run till I'm completely sure no one could see me.

By now the clouds had gathered, rain poured and darkness consumed the sky. I pause for a moment and stamping in a puddle. Regretably moving my feet I look down to see that my dark brown eyes were now as white as snow.

~

"Police are looking for a young female by the name of Callypso Morgan who is under suspicion of an unlawful Mutant attack and the death of her Mother Marianne Morgan." The news reporter shakingly holds his microphone.

"She is said to have been seen last two weeks ago fleeing the scene around the same time the apartment had caught to fla-." I scoff at the sound of his voice as I turn to walk away from the TV store pulling my hat lower down on my face.

I stumble over my feet as a small girl bumps into me I look down at her as she attempts to pick pocket me I grab her hand and bend down to her height.

"Listen Kid don't do this. Trust me I ain't got any mone-" I reason but stop as I see a long green scar travel across her arm I stare from the scare to her eyes realizing the unnatural hue of green that glimmered like emeralds. She stared into my eyes as well stepping back a bit in fear but I tighten my grip and mumble.

"Come on kid. We're friends now."