+

"Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational. "

Hugh Mackay

A groan elicits from my throat as I feel an ache in my lower abdomen. I roll out of the comfy bed and stroll around the wooden cabin my hands running across the walls till I reach one room something pulls me towards it. I reach for the door, my hand grips onto the handle "Don't go in there." I drop my hand turning to a shirtless Elias, a smile pulls at my face as I see him. "Why not?" I ask walking into his open arms. 

"If you go in there, I'll kick you out of my house" I giggle, pulling away to stare him in his eyes "It can't be that bad." He grabs onto my hand leading me to another room "I made breakfast." He completely ignores the previous conversation "Oh okay." I follow as he pulls me into the same chair that I woke up in yesterday. 

"I made you're favourite." I smiled looking down at the plate of waffles and fruit that sat on the coffee table in front of me. "Thanks for everything." I take a piece of fruit. "No problem." We sit in a solemn silence as my knife and fork scrap against the plate till I finish. I dust my hands against my bare legs as I turn to Elias who had been sitting there reading a book. 

"Eli I need to leave." I stand playing with my fingers. "What? Why? I only just got you back. I can't let you go again." I shake my head looking away. "There's this group. They save mutants in danger and give them refuge but I ran away." Elias gives me a puzzled look as he picks up my empty plate. "Why?" "They found me when my powers were going haywire and took me and Nedra in since then they've just kept me locked inside."

"Why did they lock you up? Didn't you say that Nedra kept you calm?" I nod following him into the kitchen. "We were in a store and Nedra got caught using her powers and the guy that owned the store he. Ugh. He tried to call Sentinel Services so I blasted him with. Ugh. Water and then they found me." I scratch at my wrists trying to avoid eye contact. "You're lying." I scrunch my eyebrows looking in his direction. "No I'm not." 

Elias places the cups in the sink as he slowly stalks over to me. I step back but I quickly hit a wall and his hands come to my face "I know you're lying to me. I can read your thoughts and I saw your scars." A memory flashes through my mind but its gone in an instant as I subconsciously use my arms to hide my body. "I don't know what your talking about." "I saw that it was only a flash but... Was that a memory? Cal tell me the truth what happened." 

I look away "Stuff happened in the years we where apart okay stuff happens, people change. But that isn't important. There's this guy called Thunderbird who is probably tracking me down as we speak so I need to leave. Trust me I'm not going back to being a crappy nurse." Elias pulls away from me walking back to the sink "You're going back. I can tell you like being there." I push myself off of the wall, rolling my eyes "Yeah absolutely. Why wouldn't I love to be confined in the same place for the rest of my life with no freedom." 

"What about Nedra? You seem like you really care for her. What happens if she gets hurt and your not there to protect her?" Eli slightly scolds me as I turn away. "It's better if she's away from me." I grunt, crossing my arms. "Who is it better for the little girl that you clearly love or for your stubborn ass." My eyes widen in shock as he slyly smirks at me. 

"I am not stubborn." 

"You really are."

"Am not." Eli gives me a knowing look and I turn away acknowledging my own stubbornness. My eyes travel over the room to land on pictures of Elias with his family, but I focus on one picture that includes me, him, his parents and his younger brother; Alvaro. I look around again wondering if there where any other pictures of him, but there weren't. "Eli why aren't there any more pic-" "He's dead." 

I pause for a second the words not making sense in my mind "What." "Alvaro died with my parents." My face turns blank "Oh."

~

"Nedra is worried about Cal." Dreamer walks over to Johnny a frown displayed on her face. "I know I've been busy with Marcos an-" "You mean you've been too busy to go find the one person that could actually heal Clarice. She could be out their in trouble." Dreamer whispers poking at the larger man's chest. "It's not my fault that she ran. I promise i'll look for her just not now." John crosses his arms a stern look across his face. 

Sonya tuts looking away "Then when John. She doesn't have any of her SSRI's If her powers go out of contro-" "It's gonna be bad I know. But Marcos saw her at the hospital she couldn't have gotten far. I will find her soon I promise" John places comforting arms on Sonya's shoulders.

"No you wont. You're lying." John takes in a deep breath and turns around look down at the young girls beaming green eyes. "You like that Cal is gone. Don't you, I don't need to read your mind to know. All you ever did was be mean to her, you kept her trapped and made her do things she didn't wanna do. And now you like not having to care about her. Don't you."

Nedra crosses her arms tears grazing her eyes "If she never comes back its your fault. You're the reason why she's gone." Ned storms past hitting John with her shoulder purposefully as the older man could only stand there in shock and the girls tears. "Nedra I-" He manages to chock out but hold himself back once he elicits a stern look from Sonya. 

"You'll only make things worse."