2. My Name is

Word count : 1179

Elizabeth heard voices around her, she was unaware of their presence however, it felt like a dream.
She shifted a bit and the voices shushed, she had just had the weirdest dream
"Elizabeth? Bethy?"

She heard somebody talking to her, Elizabeth realized that she was on a marble floor, although there was a hand supporting her head.
She groaned and stared to open her eyes, blinking trying to bring moisture to her eyes.
Elizabeth finally opened her eyes and saw Larry and Nick hovering over her, concern written across their faces.

She looked up and saw a young man, a golden crown upon his head, he had olive skin and green eyes looking at her with concern. He was crouched next to her, holding her head up from hitting the ground again.
He couldn't have been much older than her, he was absolutely gorgeous, she would have started at him more before the unusualness of the situation quickly came back to the front of her mind.

Elizabeth tried to jump up and move but felt an throbbing ache in her head.

"It's probably best you don't move around that much, you knocked your head on the ground" the man said, he looked worried for her.
Elizabeth looked at him, her eyes not agreeing with her mind.
She quickly shuffled backwards to the desk, not understand what was happening.

"Bethy it's okay, they're nice and harmless" Nick tried to reason with her, not wanting to startle the girl again.
Elizabeth looked around and saw a group of many characters from her books, in the flesh.
She glanced around and recognized a woman she knew to be Sacagawea, a native traveler, the man who introduced himself as Teddy instead of Theodore to her by her side.
"Wh-what's going on" Elizabeth stuttered, slightly out of breath from screaming so sharply.
All of the people in front of her looked at each other, it had been awhile since they had broken the "news" to somebody, and Larry nor Nick had been this scared. Most likely because Nick was so young when he was exposed to it all.
"I told you Bethy... the museum comes to life at night" Nick spoke slowly, kneeling down next to his cousin.

"How i-is that possible" Elizabeth asked as she scanned the room over and over again.
"Ahkmenrah's tablet, every night it brings things alive at night" Larry said, pointing to the man who she had first seen.
She gasped a bit, this man in front of her, was.... Ahkmenrah. She had studied him for many years, he died thousands of years ago, there was no way that this was Ahkmenrah

"Hello miss.." the man started, not knowing her name, he was polite.

"Elizabeth" she spoke so quietly it was more like a whisper.

"Ah miss Elizabeth, are you the lady of Brooklyn?" he asked, curiosity in his voice and what seemed to be a genuine smile on his face.

"Um.." she began, looking at her uncle for an explanation.

"Later" he said shaking his head, not wanting to overwhelme her more.

"Is this a joke, are you actors?" Elizabeth asked the people around her, still not wanting to believe this was real.

"No lady Elizabeth, my name is Ahkmenrah, fourth king of the fourth king, ruler of the land of my father's" he spoke.
"This is Atilla the hun", she looked at the man she had run into.

"My name is Gaius Octavian!" a voice said, Elizabeth looked around for where it has come from.

"And this is Jedidiah Smith" the voice spoke again, her eyes finally landed on the two men who were no larger than toy figurines.

Elizabeth's mouth opened a bit, not really sure what to say to him.
"I don't believe you could fake this" she spoke looking up at her uncle and cousin, relief seen on their faces.

"Would you like to get up now Bethy?" Nick asked, standing himself and holding out a hand for her, she looked around again, she hadnt even realized she was still on the ground.
Elizabeth ignored his hand and stood on her own, dusting off her clothing.

"My name is Sacagawea" the native woman introduced herself.
"I know who you are, I've read so much about you, about all of you" Elizabeth spoke trying to act more comfortable, her history geek side taking over.
"Well then, you know my name, I insist you call me Teddy" the older man spoke with the kindest smile she had seen in awhile.
"Okay Teddy" Elizabeth smiled, she warmed up to the kindness.

"I think we should all give Elizabeth some space, this is all very new" Larry said turning to the rest of the group. Nick patted her on the shoulder and asked if she wanted to sit on the steps.

"Um I'd like to know how the tablet works, I'm still..... confused" Elizabeth questioned.

"Oh Ahk can explain that the best" Larry spoke gesturing towards the young man.

"Would you like me to show you the tablet Lady Elizabeth" he spoke in a silky voice, the thousands of years in a sarcophagus having no effect on it.

"That sounds lovely, and no need to call me Lady Elizabeth" she said, her voice still wavering a bit.

"Okay Elizabeth, come with me. You can join as well Nick" Ahkmenrah smiled, he must of realized that Nick was good at comforting his cousin.
Elizabeth glanced over at Larry and when he nodded her to follow him, she felt a bit better.

As they walked through the halls, Elizabeth stared in awe at the paintings and statues moving, Ahk and Nick taking turns introducing them.
"Do you mind me asking how you speak English Ahkmenrah?" Elizabeth questioned looking up at the man as they walked, Nick slightly ahead of them.
"Ah yes, I went to Cambridge University" he spoke.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"I was on display there for many years in the Egyptology departement, happened to pick up on it at night when the guards spoke" he smiled
"That is.. so cool" Elizabeth breathed out.

As they walked Ahkmenrah and Nick continued to speak to her, although she zoned out a bit, still in shock. She looked at the pharaoh next to her, he was taller than her and he wore beautiful robes made specifically for Egyptian royalty, a large golden crown on his head that was the first thing she saw. He was quite pretty for a man who had been dead for so long.
Dead
The words echoed in her head, for somebody who was known to be dead walking and speaking right next to her, it was surreal.

"Ah here we are Elizabeth"
She looked up and saw two very large black jackels, known as the pharaohs guards in the afterlife
This was the entrance to the egytption exibit.

Hello, this was fun to write however I'm most excited to write the next one because I'm an egyption history nerd, that's why I love Ahkmenrah so much 😅
- Sam