{43}

Jungkook

The end was literally in sight. Two screeching girls stood between him and Jimin, two screeching girls that gave him a headache and made him want to curl up into a ball and cry. Again. Jimin's face was scrunched as a girl spoke English rapidly to him, obsessing over how she flew to Korea just to see them perform. He just nodded, offering tentative smiles and glancing back to his friends who shared snickers at his horrified expression. Though he seemed endlessly grateful that (from the fragments he gathered) this girl came from so far just for her love for his music. And face. And abs.

A loud buzzer beeped and some 'next's were hollered as the ecstatic girl moved on to an exasperated J-hope. One more. BamBam was standing in from of Namjoon, having shoved past Jungkook after he began continuously letting girls in line before himself. His hands shook with excitement after he met J-hope, the only indication that he was nervous just as these other fans were.

Jungkook listened in on the rambling girls who conversed amongst each other, excitement coursing through them as they stared up at the handsome idols.

A minute passed, the line moved. Jungkook was next. Excitement spouted in his gut, his face paling at the butterflies, no the hurricane, that flew through his stomach. Another minute passed. He stood in front of an angel. He smiled hesitantly and pushed his crumpled paper and bright pink sharpie to the pink haired boy that sat in front of him, his aura that of a king on his throne. Jimin smiled brightly at the boy and chuckled lightly in confusion at the paper.

"No album?" were the first words they exchanged. Jungkook shrugged.

"Not enough money, it's already on my phone," he laughed nervously and Jimin smiled down at him, his eyes squinting and disappearing into his cheeks.

"It's more unique this way, anyway," Jimin giggled and Jungkook smiled, shrugging nervously.

They exchanged banter carelessly for a minute then Jungkook moved on, a bright, nervous smile glowing over his features as he stood in front of J-hope.

"Jungkook!" the slightly older boy said excitedly and grasped the other's hand with a gasp. He scribbled something illegible onto the paper then gently handed it back, smiling happily down at him, the bunny ears that lay atop his head becoming slightly disoriented. They laughed together and the young boy tried to mask the happiness of being remembered as he spoke to the man he'd thought of all day. Then he was wrenched away.

He stood in front of Namjoon and smiled, wavering slightly at the shouts and shoves he received, his paper tearing slightly as he passed it to the older boy. He hated crowds and loud noises but he would make it, if only to have his dreams come true. They introduced themselves and spoke, Namjoon gesturing widely with his hands and speaking in endearing tones. Then he stepped to the side once more.

Jin grinned at the young boy and scratched his name in the pink marker, complimenting his color choices, claiming it was just as good as his coffee. These boys' memories would end Jungkook if they continued to recognize the plain boy.

He stood in front of Taehyung, his whole body shaking as he fought the urge to stare at the other beautiful boy who sat just to the right of him. A small laugh sounded from said boy as the girl beside him began ranting and he was shaken from his thoughts, quickly passing the sandy haired boy the slightly torn paper with a questionable smile. A large grin appeared on the idol in front of him.

"Coffee boy," he grinned widely, his box smile setting Jungkook's weak heart pounding and pandering and he gasped slightly, "Jungkook right?"

Jungkook nodded slightly and his hands shook as he reached for the crumpled paper. He began to speak timidly, complimenting the boy before beginning to have an actual conversation with him. He was just as human, living and breathing and eating, as he was, Jungkook realized. He felt grounded, realizing that he was speaking to the real people who released the music he listened to day and night. The music he lived, breathed and ate to. A loud clang rang through the room and once more, for the last time, Jungkook was shoved to the right.

And in front of him sat Min Yoongi. The person he lived, breathed and ate for.

He stood frozen, the smaller boy sitting just in front of him with the widest smile he'd seen all day and his ivory hands clutched in front of him. Jungkook handed the paper to the boy with gray hair and felt the first tear roll past his cheek. Yoongi's smile wavered.

"Yah? What's wrong?" was the deep voice that responded, Yoongi's mouth moved as the words sounded but they didn't seem to come from him, they couldn't of. But they did and Jungkook simply shook his head, his eyes and nose burning as he cried silently in front of the man he couldn't help but love.

"Jungkook-ah?" His lips moved again and Jungkook continued to shake his head, pointing to the paper that Yoongi newly clutched in slightly tremoring hands. He uncapped the pen quickly and frantically moved the ink, writing much more than a simple suga. Yoongi turned back to the crying boy and smiled wearily, sadness written across his face.

Jungkook searched for words, refusing to just shake his head in front of the person whose music pushed him through his social anxiety. His mouth flew without his brain's revision and he would have laughed at the words that he spat out had they not been perfect. He would have cringed, thrown up, and cried at the words that burst from his lips had they not made Min Yoongi smile.

"So, I heard you like music."