fourteen

"It's all your fault."

"Don't say that."

"He should know!"

"He's your hyung and he loves you Youngjae-ah."

Did anyone ponder to think about how Jaebum felt? Did anyone pause to think about how he'd feel with the burden of everyone blaming him, with the negligence he was receiving from all his members, his boyfriends.

Did no one pause to think about how cold they were to Jaebum?

Jaebum didn't think anyone did, because when he looked completely crestfallen, completely broken and upset, everyone seemed surprised.

Like they weren't expecting Jaebum to hate the lack of affection.

Like they weren't expecting Jaebum to feel anything towards them.

Like they weren't expecting Jaebum to love them that much.

But he does and everyone was so wrong.

Jaebum didn't think anyone expected him to be as affected as he was because when his bottom lip quivered everyone's eyes widened.

Because Jaebum doesn't cry.

"Hyung-"

"N-No, I'm sorry..."

And Jaebum's voice cracked.

And the vocalist's never cracks.

Not even when he's singing.

"Hyung," Jinyoung softly calls, falling into the seat beside Jaebum. "Hyung don't cry."

"I d-don't know what I did wrong, I just-" But the leader cut himself off with a sob. "I just love him so m-much. I didn't want him to go t-through that again."

"Hyung," Jinyoung says, using both his hands to wipe away at the leader's tears. "Hyung it's okay, you're alright," he comforts, heart breaking at how Jaebum shakes his head and cries harder.

"I feel horrible," he insists, relishing in the feeling of having Mark's arms around him. "And now all you hate me too."

"Aw," Mark coos, wiping more tears off of Jaebum's cheeks. "Our sad Jaebumie, of course we don't hate you," the oldest insists, pecking every part of the leader's face. "We all love you so much."

"So much hyung," Jinyoung assures from his other side, making Jaebum smile a tad before sniffing and wiping his eyes.

"Oh God," he chuckles warily while dabbing the corner of his eyes. "This is so embarrassing."

"Sorry hyungie..." Youngjae apologizes, guilt deeply laced between his words. "Love you lots."

"It's okay Youngjae-ah. I'm sorry too, to all of you," Jaebum apologizes, earning a lapful of vocalists right after.

Youngjae and Jinyoung.

"Although you may be sorry to us," Bambam starts, shifting his weight onto his other foot. "The person you should be apologizing to isn't here."

Right.

Yugyeom wasn't here.

Their sweet, precious little boy wasn't there.

And that wasn't acceptable.

Of course, everyone had gotten up simultaneously, all of them marching to Yugyeom's bedroom.

Tentatively, Mark opens the door, turning around and putting a finger to his lips to indicate for everyone to be quiet when he sees that Yugyeom was sleeping.

Once all of them tiptoed into the maknae's bedroom, all of them relished in the sight of their adorable boyfriend sleeping, as per usual.

This time, Yugyeom was laying on his back with a stuffed teddy bear between his arms, one that Bambam can vividly remember winning for him at a carnival a bit over a year ago, while seeming peaceful.

No, none of the boys wanted to wake Yugyeom up, but they decided that they all had the adrenaline and mood to solve everything once and for all, so they would.

Jinyoung was the one who took the initiative and slotted into the space beside Yugyeom, laying down and stroking a hand through the yellow locks.

"Yugyeom-ah," he starts calling out softly, earning zero reaction from the maknae.

God, their heavy sleeping baby.

"My sweet, sweet baby," Jinyoung then proceeds to coo, pecking Yugyeom's cheeks. "Wake up~"

After a few more pecks and sickeningly cute pet names, Yugyeom finds himself blinking his eyes open.

Now normally, a soft smile would adorn Yugyeom's already soft features at the sight of one of his hyungs when he wakes up, but, much to their dismay, this time a fearful expression clouds the maknae's eyes, everyone's heart wrenching at the sight.

"H-Hyungs... I already said I'm-"

"Shh, Gyeom take it easy," Youngjae shushes, smiling softly at the somewhat terrified boy. "Don't be sorry."

At this Yugyeom was confused.

Didn't he have a reason to be sorry?

Didn't he make his hyungs argue a lot?

Wasn't he the cause of the tension and distance between all of them lately?

Wasn't he to blame?

"Hyung-"

"Yugyeom," Jackson starts, taking a seat on the edge of Yugyeom's bed, while smiling regrettably. "Hyungs are very sorry." He starts, looking at the others, for them to add on.

"We shouldn't t have let you think that everyone was your fault," Mark continues, soothingly rubbing at the only place he could reach; Yugyeom's shin.

"We don't hate you baby, we love you so much," Bambam smiles, and that almost has Yugyeom cracking his own.

"Hyungs are very very sorry," Jinyoung repeats, pressing a gentle kiss to Yugyeom's cheek.

"Hyungs love you a lot," Youngjae assures, smiling his signature smile.

And then they continue to apologize and praise Yugyeom one by one because everything is about Yugyeom; isn't it?

Their moods depend on Yugyeom's happiness.

Their happiness depends on Yugyeom's happiness.

Everything depends on Yugyeom, because they depend on Yugyeom.

Unhealthy?

Maybe.

Love?

Definitely.

"Yugyeom-ah?"

That was Jaebum. And Yugyeom couldn't have smiled wider.

"Jaebumie hyung," he whispers, eyes and smile so soft that it had Jaebum affectionately kissing the maknae's forehead.

"Hyung is so, so sorry," he starts in a whispers, peppering kisses done his baby's face, until his lips are a centimetre away from Yugyeom's. "And hyung loves you with all his heart." With that, he moves his lips that extra centimetre and caresses Yugyeom's plush lips with his own for the first time in a while.

"Hyungs," Yugyeom's raspy voice calls when they pull apart, because remember, he has been woken up.

"Yes sweetheart?" That was Jinyoung.

"I love you all so much."

__________

instagram is @strawberrydae