thirty eight

"'Love is a maze damn, but you is amaze yeah'. You can never be this talented," Mark snorts jokingly, ignoring the glare Jaebum sends him.

"I already know that." He hisses, thwacking Mark's head.

"Loser~" Mark sings, leaning into Jaebum's chest. "You're a loser Bummie."

Jaebum hums, mindlessly stroking the hairs at the back of Mark's neck.

"But you still love me?" He asks, turning his neck so he can see Mark's face.

Mark blushes and Jaebum finds it really cute.

"Yeah," the eldest mumbles, relaxing into the comforting hold Jaebum has around him. "Still love you."

"Listen here you little bitch—"

"Okay, first of all, that's not allowed. Second of all, who do you think you're talking to?"

"Is that—?"

"Bam and Jae? Yeah," Jinyoung sighs, rolling his shoulders back while sitting down on the opposite chair from Jaebum and Mark. "Bams cursed at him or something."

"He never learns," Mark sighs, closing his eyes and getting comfy, trying to drown out Youngjae's death threats and Bambam's screeches. "And he won't ever learn."

Speaking of people who won't ever learn, just then the door of the dorm violently swings open, revealing an ecstatic Kim Yugyeom.

"Chocolate milk was on sale!" He yells, aggressively toeing off his shoes and dumping the grocery bag on the kitchen counter. "So was mac and cheese!" He adds in a squeal.

Jaebum snorts from where he's sitting.

"An actual child," he smiles, acknowledging Yugyeom when he walks into the living room. "How was shopping?"

Yugyeom shrugs, sliding his denim jacket off of his shoulders and sitting down on a different couch.

"It was fine. I would've been home sooner, but Jaehyun hyung kept buying cleaning products for Taeyong hyung," he explains, sighing exasperatedly because even the memory gave him a headache.

Not that he didn't like Jaehyun, he very much did, it's just that he's so undeniably whipped for his boyfriend.

Again, not that Yugyeom has anything against Taeyong, as terrified as he truly is of the elder, he's been nothing but nice the two times Yugyeom has stopped by to collect and drop off Jaehyun.

"I'm not surprised," Jackson says out of nowhere, ruffling Yugyeom's hair as he passes by the couch.

The maknae hums, closing his eyes for a while.

It was peaceful like this, no sound of the television, no talking, no rustling and no extremely loud exhaust fan from the kitchen.

Yugyeom could get used to this silence.

And he would've, if it weren't for two annoyingly loud idiots coming from one of the bedrooms.

Yugyeom cracks one eye open, moving only his eyeball in the general direction of the sound.

"Bams and Jae?" He mumbles, sitting up more straight when Mark nods affirmative. "They're so dysfunctional."

"And in love," Jackson scoffs. "Does that even make any sense?"

"It's like you and Jinyoung," Mark mumbles, also sleepily, pushing his face deeper into Jaebum's chest and inhaling his musky scent. "Just like you and Jinyoung..."

"Tired?" Jaebum muses, staring down at the cute elder boy.

Mark nods his head with a pout, bringing his knees up to his chest, his legs ending up draping over Jaebum's lap.

"Real tired," he agrees, looking up at Jaebum through his semi long eyelashes. "Kiss Jaebummie~"

Ignoring all the other people in the living room, because Mark Tuan was the only one that mattered at the moment, he sends a sickeningly sweet smile to Mark.

"Kiss?" He teases, leaning down, close enough to give Mark the tease of his breath against his lips. Jaebum almost smirks at how Mark instantly closes his eyes and jerk his head forward, hoping to meet Jaebum's lips but instead meeting air.

The pout forms on Mark's face before he even opens his eyes, and when he does open his eyes, Jaebum's heart clenches with how much Mark looks like a puppy.

"Mean," Mark huffs, leaning his head back down and closing his eyes.

Mark was so cute.

Chuckling lightly, Mark wouldn't have known if he didn't feel Jaebum's chest rumbling underneath his ear, Jaebum leans down and picks up the eldest's chin with two fingers, pressing their lips together in a chaste kiss.

"Sleep," Jaebum then settles on saying, leading Mark's head back above his heart, patting a steady rythme on his back.

Mark doesn't say anything else, but he's smiling and Jaebum assumes he's trying to nap.

"Ew," Jinyoung scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away from Jaebum and Mark. "Nasty."

It's Jackson's turn to scoff, leaning off of the wall and walking to kneel in front of Jinyoung, who's still sitting on the chair.

"What the hell, are you gonna suck my dick?" Jinyoung asks, eyes widening in what Jackson can't tell is excitement or ridiculousness.

"You wish," the elder snorts, putting both his hands on the vocalist's thighs as he then proceeds to lean the left side of his cheek on Jinyoung's right thigh. "I just think you're bitter and lonely Jinyoungie."

The younger grumbled, and he was about to kick Jackson, but before he could, Jackson shoots up and pecks Jinyoung's lips repeatedly.

"I hate you," Jinyoung huffs between kisses, snaking his arms around Jackson's shoulders nonetheless.

With four of his hyungs eating each other's faces off in the living room, Yugyeom considers if he should hang out with Bambam and Youngjae, but then he preens his ears and he swears he hears Youngjae moan and then decides against the original idea.

Yugyeom thinks that in this moment all six of his hyungs are disgusting, one hundred percent gross for doing this to him, for pairing off and making out in front of him.

Yugyeom thinks that he might just ring up Minghao or Jungkook to hang out with since everyone else was clearly occupied, but decided against it once he realizes that he can have the mac and cheese he bought today for dinner.

Yugyeom's hyungs may adore the maknae with all they had in their hearts, and Yugyeom may or may not only ever think about how they all love him.

Sometimes he needs to pause and remind himself that not only do his hyung feel deeply for him, but for themselves as well.

__________

whycantipublishaqualitychapteritsbeenweeks