↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

        "GET YOUR ASSES IN there! All of you!"

          We were pushed into the room, and then locked the door behind us. Newt turns to me, his face red. "What the hell was that about! You didn't really think they were just gonna let you through?"

          I scoff and cross my arms over my chest. "Nah, of course I didn't." I then lift up the key card between my two fingers with a smirk planted on my lips. "I'm gonna find out what's on the other side of that door."

         Newt scoffs. "Right."

         "Newt, they're hiding something. Okay?" Thomas pitches in. "These people are not who they say they are."

          Newt was at his breaking point, the veins sticking out of his neck. "No, Thomas, you don't know that! The only thing we do know is that they helped rescue us from WICKED. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time."

        I frown. "Newt."

         Newt continues; "Some of us a lot longer than others."

          The sound of the air vent being knocked off made the boys jump. "Hey, Sage, Thomas."

          "What the..."

          Aris crawls out of the air vent, pushing the gate across the floor. "You got it, didn't you?"

         I smirk at Aris. "Yeah."

         Thomas grabs onto my arm lightly pulls me to the air vent. "Lets go." Thomas then turns to the boys as I start crawling under the bed. "All right, look, maybe you guys are right. Maybe we're just being paranoid. But I got to find out for sure. Just cover us. We'll be back as soon as we can."

        I waited till the coast was clear before I banged my fist down onto the air vent, the vent falling open. I place my hands on the edge, before dropping down, bending my knees a little so I don't break a bone. My hand slightly touches the ground as I crouch down. I then move out of the way for Thomas to jump down. He does the same, then Aris. Aris closes the vent and Thomas walks down the hall, looking for guards as I swipe the card through the key pad.

        It opens to revel a dark room, with dark blue lights being the only light source. White sheets and coats were hanging up. I turn my head to see a glass. A gasp escapes my lips as I see what was behind the glass. Tubes filled with baby grievers, water surrounding them. Rows of them. I shake my head and open the next door, walking through that with Thomas and Aris. My eyes widen at the sight of kids being hanged with headbands attached to their hands.