↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ✗

⁂

//S A G E//

          THE RIDE TO THE location they were leading us too, seemed to drag on for hours. The ride was uncomfortable, seeing how I had to sit next to Thomas, the tension between us uncomfortable, and I could tell everyone else can feel it. It wasn't just that, that made the ride horrible, it was the heat in the truck. We drove out into the desert, and there was barely any water.

         We eventualy made it in the camp, I immediately jump out, my boots hitting the soft dirt. In front of us, where tents and people. Tons of them. Harriet leads us down the dirt hill, occasionally glancing back at us. "They've been planning this for over a year now. This is all for us."

          Sonya nods her head in agreement. "You guy are lucky you found us whe you did. We're moving out at fight light." She turns to a man who walks by. "Where Vince?"

        He points at a tent. "Somewhere over these, I think."

         I raise my eyebrows, jogging up to Sonya. "Who's Vince?"

        "He's the one who decided if you get to stay." Harriet answers, leading us over a small dirt hill again.

         Minho looks down at me; "I thought the Right Arm was supposed to be an army."

          "Yeah, we were." A voice came out from next to us, a man with long blonde hair and a blonde beard, was approaching us. "This is all thats left of us." He stops in front of me. "Lot of good people died getting us this far." He turns to Harriet, and I'm guessing he's Vince. "Who are they?"

          "They're immunes." She answers, adjusting her grip on her gun that was slinged over her shoulder. "Caught 'em coming up the mountain."

          Vince places his hands on his hips. "Did you check 'em?"

          She points her thumb as Aris. "I know this guy, Aris. I trust him."

         "Well, I dont." He motions to some men. "Check 'em."

         "Hey boss..."

          Just then Brenda fell, my eyes widen. Jorge catches her body, gently carrying her to the ground. "Brenda! Brenda." She gasps for air. "Brenda, talk to me."

         "I'm sorry. I'm sorry" She croaks out. That's when it all clicked, she didn't want me to say anything because Jorge doesnt know.