The years of innocence

"Innocence is a blossom that withers when one touches it and does not get any more, even if you water it with rivers of whole tears."

James Fenimore Cooper

•First steps•

The winter had come for good at Kuuto. The mountain valley of Kouka Kingdom's capital was dressed in white as snow fell gracefully from the sky.

Meanwhile, two cute babies caused great disruption to the Castle Hiryuu.

The program was very simple. The maids had to prepare the princesses for their evening bath, dry them and put them to sleep.

How difficult could it be?

"Please, Princess Yona, it's time for your bath."

"Princess Kaya, sit down like a good kid you are, I beg you."

Probably, too.

Twin princesses had other plans. And definitely, the bath was not one of them.

So they did what their forces allowed them as nine month old babies: they started to bully.

The maids chased the girls all over the room, only to catch them and escape them when they did not watch.

"Come on, it's not funny at all."

The only answer that the maid received was the joyous laughs of Yona and Kaya as they wandered faster.

"Okay, end of the game. Time to get serious."

Princesses were ready to leave the room when one of the maids managed to catch Kaya.

This prompted Yona to speed up her rhythm.

"Princess Yona, come back now!"

But the little girl ignored her. She continued to crawl across the corridor until a picture came into her field of vision.

A well-known picture.

Soo-Won's brownish hair features. And he was moving away.

Yona enjoyed the view of her beloved cousin. This meant more play and funny gimmicks.

She wanted so much to come close to him, who did not realize she stopped crawling and started walking on her two legs.

Listening to baby laughs, the four-year-old Soo-Won turned to look behind him when he saw a well-known baby with red hair and purple eyes walking towards him.

For half a minute!

Its was his little cousin, Yona.

And she was walking.

Her first steps !

He came near her and hugged her immediately.

"Kawai! Yona-chan walks !"