Kan Soo-jin's conspiracy

"Power has the tendency to corrupt and absolute power corrupts it completely."

Lord Akton, 1834-1902, English historian

Last time•

"Everything is ready?"

Sui-Feng's thoughts stopped abruptly when she heard a heavy male voice from the direction of the garden. At the edge of her eye she saw a group of six soldiers near the lake with Koi fish. They wore white armor and black outfits, while their faces were covered with masks.

"It's strange! Τhey are from the Yu-Hon Battalion. Τhey are supposed to be on a Xing's border mission. What are they doing here?"

Fortunately the pylons of the corridor were large enough to hide its presence and the lighting was limited. Taking advantage of the opportunity, she watched the conversation between the soldiers from a safe distance.

"Yes, everyone has taken their seats, we are waiting for your orders, Soo-Jin sama."

If there was something that perfectly characterized Kan Soo-jin, then that was his bottomless ambition

He always chased the perfect, the best, the highest. And, regardless of the method he used, he always took what he wanted.

As the second son of the previous Fire Tribe's Leader, he had no hope of climbing into higher offices. However, through well-organized conspiracies, he managed to persuade his father to deny his big brother and appoint himself his successor.

So, where he had nothing, he did everything.

He was under the domination of a large land, a large army that followed him blindly, the most beautiful daughter of his richest ally as his wife and mother of his two sons, kyo-ga and Tae-jun.

There was only one thing that separated him from the absolute success.

To be King's right hand.