Chapter 1

THIS IS BOOK IS JUST A PREVIEW. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMITED.

BOOK 2 OF THIS STORY "BECAUSE OF REJECTION" (Wyatt's story) IS ONGOING AND YOU CAN FIND IT ON MY PROFILE. (I think it's way better written)

Like most happy werewolves, I was ecstatic about my 17th birthday tomorrow. Tomorrow would be the day I just might find my mate.

"It doesn't really happen that easily." Carter, one of my best friends, told me. He had been 17 for five months and still hadn't found his mate. "He might not be in this pack."

"Just because your mate isn't in this pack, doesn't mean mine won't be." I told him sticking my tongue out at him. Carter laughed as he pushed my tongue back into my mouth with his hand. "Ewww!" I spat. "Your hand taste like...like—"

"Probably like his dick." Wyatt, my other best friend, said laughing. "Boy has his and down his pants more than anyone I've ever seen."

"Oh gross!" I yelled spitting out even more.

"Dude!" Carter yelled. "Not true!"

"That is so true!" I shouted now licking Wyatt's shirt trying to get the taste of Carter off my tongue. "Now I need to boil my tongue."

"Har har." Carter said pushing me lightly with his arm. I exaggeratedly threw myself into Wyatt.

"You are so violent." I gasped. "I am a frail werewolf."

Wyatt laughed, pushing me back upright. "Well, pray your mate isn't like mine who rejected me because she's dating the Alpha's son." He said. I gave him a sad smile. I never understood why Wyatt's mate, Amanda, rejected him. Wyatt was...beautiful. His bright blue eyes were like the ocean and looking into them made you feel like you were your own island and he surrounded you. His strong jaw and flawless face made the word "perfect" come true only to be topped with the softest tawny blond hair you could ever touch.

I hated Amanda for doing that to him. It was a year ago and I could still see the pain in Wyatt's eyes whenever he saw her. I also hated Tai, the Alpha's son, who was dating her. I don't know what I would do if my mate rejected me. Hopefully, that wouldn't happen.

"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Carter asked after the moment had been filled with too much sad silence. Carter was the total opposite of Wyatt. He was handsome, don't get me wrong, but Carter was handsome in a roguish kind of way. He would throw his brown hair out his face and give you a devilish wink with his striking gray eyes. So gray that when the moon shone on them, they could be classified as silver. It didn't help matters that he had dimples to die for.

"Honestly, I just want to spend it with you two and a few hours with Kyle. I did promise him." I told them looking up at the night sky. Kyle was my little brother. Well, he was actually my cousin but he might as well be my brother. My Uncle Scott and his mate, Lane, took me in when my parents died. My dad was the Alpha of our old pack and I was too young to be considered an Alpha for the pack (and a female) so they sent me to live with my uncle. He and his mate unquestioningly took me in when I was three. They raised me as their own and loved me just as much. Even when they had Kyle, when I was nine, they still showed me the same love they showed him. Not to mention that I love Kyle more than anything.

"How about, since it's Friday tomorrow, we come home right after school, spend some time with your family then head out around eight for the strip?" Wyatt asked. The strip was a set of streets with different clubs by the beach. I had been a few times with them and loved it. We could jump from club to club eating and dancing and just having a grand old time.

"Sounds like heaven." I said.

I woke up when a body jumped on me. My eyes shot open and I let out an "omph!"