Chapter 4

Zoe

We drove into the forest taking a small dirt road that would lead to a bend where we usually parked. I was out before Wyatt even stopped the car. I stripped off my clothes not caring what Carter and Wyatt saw. We were werewolves; it's not like nudity wasn't common for us.

I shifted into my wolf just as I heard clothes rustling behind me telling me that my two friends were doing the same thing. I didn't wait for them as I jetted into the woods. I screamed on the inside and my wolf let out a howl as we ran. The howl was answered by Wyatt and Carter's wolves as they almost caught up with me. I picked up my pace and gave control completely to my wolf. She ran until I saw where our territory ended.

Crossing the line, into rogue territory, which wasn't anyone's claimed territory I felt the Alpha try and mind link with me. I closed it which caused the Alpha to push even harder. He was strong, very strong but right now, with all this pain I was feeling, my pain trumped his power. I pushed back until I heard a few whimpers from behind me.

I turned and saw Wyatt and Carter running back towards our territory. The Alpha must have mind linked with them too when he felt us leave the territory. I decided to go back when I felt the Alpha try and mind link with me again.

"What!?" I mind-shouted to him.

"You need to return to our territory!" He mind-shouted back. "Now!" I growled.

"I am!"

"I can feel your pain and anger. What happened?"

"Why don't you ask you weak ass son." I told him coldly. So coldly I didn't think of what I said next. "A pathetic excuse for an Alpha your son is. I wouldn't pass the title to him anytime soon."

"Is that a challenge?" I felt anger from him but I also felt just the slightest bit of amusement.

I crossed the invisible line that surrounded our territory. "I'm back in our territory. Is there anything else Alpha?" I asked making sure to put disgust on the last word.

"Why aren't you in school?"

"I felt like skipping."

"That's not like you, Zoe. You're a good student. What happened?"

"None of your damn business!" I realized now that I was disrespecting my Alpha. If he wanted to he could throw me out of the pack or worse, throw my family out the pack. I started to regret my words and was about to apologize when I felt more amusement from the Alpha through the link.

"I will give you leeway this once, Zoe. Be sure to get home to your family safely. I'll call the school and have them excuse your absence." I felt the link close before I had a chance to respond.

Carter's wolf reached me first. His fur was a dark reddish color which caused me to call him 'ginger' as a kid. His wolf nuzzled my white wolf. I nuzzled him back just as Wyatt's dark gray wolf joined us. He licked my face and I felt his wolf trying to ease mine. I let out a soft howl and they both answered with soft howls of their own.

I noticed a pack around Wyatt's wolf. He must have put it on before he shifted. It was probably full of clothes so, now exhausted, I began to shift. Once I did, Carter nudged me towards Wyatt's pack and I opened it. I pulled out some clothes, a shirt and some gym shorts, and put them on. There was another pair inside and I pulled it out for whoever wanted to shift next, which was Wyatt. I looked away as he put on the pants and sat next to me shirtless.

His tan body, hard body glistened in the sunlight. His toned muscled body reminded me of how beautiful he was. I thought, maybe, if we were able to choose our own mates, I think...I would choose Wyatt. But would he choose me back? Did he love Amanda because she was his mate even though she rejected him? I thought about it. I didn't love Tai and he was my mate. I hardly knew him. But deep down, I wanted the chance to get to know him. I wanted to know what his favorite color was. What his favorite foods were, what he liked to watch, what he did for fun. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach and clutched it. Wyatt cursed.

"What's happening?" I gasped as the pain got stronger. I screamed as the pain reached my heart. "Am I dying?" Then, just as suddenly, the pain stopped. My breathing was fast and ragged and I looked over at Wyatt who had a pained expression.

"They...They were having sex." Wyatt whispered. They were having sex? Who? Then...sadly it hit me. Tai and Amanda. Oh God, would that happen every time they...they... I looked at Wyatt with the question in my eyes. "The first one was the hardest...for me it was at least. But after a while it just becomes a dull feeling kind of like when you have to poop."

I balked at him. He compared it to having to poop??

"Um...is it always that...short?" I asked relieved that the pain was now gone and that it wasn't going to be that painful again. "It lasted only a few seconds." Less than 30.

"They...must have gotten interrupted?" Wyatt said but it was more like a question.

I don't know why but the confused look on his face made me laugh. Then he laughed. Then Carter came over and licked my face with his hot tongue. I laughed pushing him away lightly then he plopped down next to me and rested his head on my lap. I dug my hands into his fur as he let out a contented sigh. I leaned on Wyatt's shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me down to lie down on the grass. I tried not to think about the pain I had just felt. The pain that my wolf was feeling knowing that our mate just did...it with someone else. The pain that I had saved myself for my mate when he didn't. The pain of not feeling complete. I felt the tears come and let them fall. I shook as I felt Carter cuddle closer to me. Wyatt's hold on me tightened as I buried my face into his chest and cried silently. At least, with these two, my two best friends, I could cry and not look weak to them.

I had woken up maybe about two hours later. I fell asleep with my head on Wyatt's shoulder. Carter had shifted to his human form and was holding me from behind, resting his head on my own shoulder, his hand around my stomach holding me to him. He was wearing shorts so must have changed. I had never been so comfortable and I thought, maybe, just maybe, I could get through this rejection.

I disentangled myself from my two friends and sat up stretching. I shook them both awake and they groaned. I laughed and stood up.

"We should home. I don't want my family to worry." I told them as the stretched and stood up too.

"Are you ok?" Wyatt asked throwing his pack over his shoulder.

"I will be." I told both of them. They both reached out their hands to me. I grabbed hold to both of them and we walked into the forest together back to the car and back to my sick, sad reality.

When we got back to the car it had already been five hours since we left school. Which means we slept longer than I thought and we had run further than I had thought. I grabbed my disregarded clothes and folded them before getting into the car and putting them in my backpack. Wyatt drove me home and we all got out of the car going to my house.

My family was there, happy and waiting for me.

"ZO-EEEEEE!" Kyle called running at me. He jumped up and I caught him in a hug laughing. "Did you find your mate??" He asked and I gave him a sad smile. I looked up to see my aunt and uncle quietly also waiting for my answer.

Welp, not time like the present.

"Yes I did but he rejected me." I told them strongly. I didn't cry because I didn't want them to see me cry. "I'm ok though." I quickly added more to myself than to them.

"He what!?" Kyle yelled is a tone that actually shocked me. "Who is he? Tell me so I can kill him!"

"No Kyle," Started Uncle Scott, his voice stern. "Let her tell me so I can kill him."

"You will have to see if there is anything left of him after I get done with him." Added Aunt Lane. I could only stare at them in shock. They were all ready to kill Tai for me just because he rejected me. That thought alone made me feel so loved and wanted.

Screw Tai.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm hungry and in the mood for steak." I told him hoping they would drop the subject. My aunt and uncle looked at each other having a silent conversation then they nodded.

"Sure Zoe macaroni," Said Uncle Scott, grabbing his keys. "anywhere you want to go." 

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say thanks for all the support with story. I'm writing it really fast (I just write better if I write fast letting all my thoughts out fast) So I'm sorry if it has a few errors.