Chapter 3

Tai

I never thought rejecting my mate would be so painful. Amanda did it for me so I just assumed it wasn't that painful but when I did it for her, my soul felt wrong and broken.

Zoe was beautiful. We had never really talked but we acknowledged each other. At least we did before Amanda rejected Wyatt for me.

Zoe came to our pack when she was three years old and even then my dad noticed how strong of an Alpha she was. She proved it today to me by blocking my mind link with her.

I might have even accepted her...if it wasn't for the fact that my mate was best friends with Wyatt Lennon the mate Amanda had rejected for me. Not that I asked her to...we were dating a few weeks and I liked her, yeah, but I never expected her to give up her mate for me. I had no idea she loved me that much. Now I know the pain Amanda went through when she did that. Now I knew the pain Zoe was going through because of what I did. My wolf hated me right now and wasn't even talking to me.

I hoped he would come around because without him, I was weak. I was weak regardless. I wasn't strong enough to tell Amanda not to give up her mate for me. I wasn't strong enough to hurt Amanda but I seemed to be strong enough to give up my one chance at true goddess given happiness.

That wasn't strength that was weakness. My wolf spat harshly. I was shocked that he spoke to me. When we saw our mate drive away from us earlier today he howled in such pain it almost brought me to my knees. Now I was sitting in the lunch room wondering where Zoe went and...if she was ok.

"Hey baby." Amanda said as she reached our table. I turned towards her as she straddled me. I automatically wrapped my arms around her waist like I did nearly every day for almost a year. Now, it somehow didn't feel right. But I knew that was my wolf's resistance. He never really liked Amanda to begin with but now, he down right hated her. I pushed the feeling away and looked at my girlfriend. The girl I loved and even gave my virginity to and in return she gave hers to me. I wonder if Zoe was still a virgin and if not who would she...I shook my head at that thought as a growl rumbled out of me.

"You ok?" she asked me. I nodded and gave her a smile pushing away the burning feeling in my gut.

"Yeah babe." I told her pulling her down towards me and kissing her. The feeling I used to get from kissing her wasn't nearly as strong as it used to be which only made me kiss her harder to try and get that feeling. She whimpered and I squeezed her sides tighter. I pulled away from her and let out a harsh breath.

"What happened, baby? Did that bitch, Zoe give you crap for rejecting her? She's just a slut anyway." Amanda said and my wolf saw red. I had to hold him back from surfacing and killing her. "What kind of girl hangs out with two boys only anyway? I've never seen her with girls just those two guys. She's probably the one Wyatt is having sex with. I know he's having sex because I can feel it through the bond. He still hasn't accepted my rejection, you know." Was Amanda's voice always this annoying? "I wish he would just accept my rejection and move on. I'm taken and never going to want him."

So she felt whenever Wyatt had sex? That meant he felt whenever we had sex. I smirked at that. Good let the loser feel the pain of rejection every time I did it with his mate.

So you're going to continue to hurt our mate by having sex with the whore? My wolf growled. Shit, I forgot about that. Zoe would feel it if we had sex. It would hurt her. More over...I would feel it if she had sex. That thought DID make my wolf surface. My eyes went black and Amanda moved off of me yelping. I abruptly stood up and walked looked for the door.

"I'll be back." I growled as I made a beeline for the door. Amanda called out for me but I ignored her.

I waked out the school to my car and got inside slamming the door as I sat down. My wolf let out a snarl as I gripped the steering wheel.

Calm down I told my wolf but he wasn't hearing it.

You call yourself an Alpha when you can't even control me. I should go back in there and tear that whore to shreds then go find our mate! Amanda isn't even a beta! She's weak and smells of different men every now and then. My wolf snarled.

Those are her brothers! I snarled back. Amanda lived with three brothers so of course she would constantly have the scent of other males on her.

Oh now naïve you are! Not only does my human have to be an idiot but he is also blind!

Shut up! I told him then did what I usually did when I couldn't control my wolf, I pulled on the Alpha bond I had on the pack and used their power to calm me. Dad taught me that when I was younger and he saw I had trouble controlling my wolf. Having a strong wolf would make me a strong Alpha.

But having a weak whore by your side will only make you— I pulled on the link with the pack and pushed my wolf down cutting off whatever he was going to say.

Whatever, I made my choice. My choice was my girl. Amanda.