Chapter 11 - My Soul

Bastian

"Your highness" A knock at my door jolts me out of my day dream of Winter. She was here, her black hair flaring over my pillow. The sheets bunched around her naked body, her porcelain skin, flushed cheeks and dark lashes; she is a goddess. Beautiful. I have the strongest urge to have her like this, flushed and naked in my bed.

"Your highness" I hear again, snapping me attention to the door, like a bucket of cold ice water has been dumped on me. I call out, "Yes" my voice sounding hoarse, like I've just got done a fencing lesson with my father.

"You have a letter your highness, it's from a Winter E." I quickly stand to my feet, confused but too happy to care to wonder why she would mail me. She's never done it before, but I just brush it off. Maybe she just wanted to send a letter, for any reason I don't care, getting a piece of her is enough.

Opening the door with a smile I greet the server and ask about her grandkids, she smiles at me and tells me their doing great. I take the letter off the trey she was carrying and dismiss her.

Sitting back down at my chair I smoothly tear the paper and read.

Bastian, I can't do this anymore. The constant back and forth. From me to Princess Amelie, is getting too much. I need to you to stay away from me, focus on your wedding and marriage, that's what you should be doing. Not spending time with a girl like me who has nothing to offer you. Be with the princess, the beautiful, smart, caring, loving princess who can't wait to be your wife.

I do hope you are happy and I trust to you that I am happy. I don't need you, stay away from me. I don't love you. I'm sorry I lied to you that day, but I don't love you. Forget me, because that is what I am doing with you. Forgetting.

-Winter

I feel as if the rug as been pulled from under me. It's feels as if I've been hit in the chest multiply times. What is she saying. She doesn't love me? No I refuse to believe this. She can't, she loves me, she told me, her face, she looked so in love with me. I am desperately in love with her.

Maybe it was because I was a prince, but even the second my mind thinks it I squash it down. No, she's not the type to act as if she loves someone for power and money, but for love and happiness and that is what she gave me and I her.

Apparently not.

I run my hand through my hair, I was planning on seeing her tonight to propose the idea of running away with her. Forget our lives and titles, leave it all behind but our love. I need her, I feel as if I can't breath without her. She's my air, my life. I can't lose my life. I am not giving up that easily. She loves me, I know she does. I just... do.

Rushing out of my study I run into Amelie. She has been acting strange for past couple of days. Looking lost in thought, a strange clinical look on her face. Looking almost malicious.

"Princess" I greet and she smile and throws her arms around me, "Oh my love, how are you doing today?" She pulls back, a smile on her face, but it looks off. She notices the paper in my hand, "What is that? A letter. Any importance. RSVP for the wedding?" She questions, running her hand over my finger that will have a ring there in a few weeks.

I jerk back, not liking her touch. I try to be calm about my pull from her, "Yes, it's from Ophineliara, the King and Queen have accept to attend." I say, with a forced smile. She has a wide grin on her face, looking as if she knows I'm lying, but happy about it.

"Oh how wonderful. The more guest the merry the wedding will be." I hear exclaimed. I turn my head to see Amelie's mother Queen Amina coming up to us. As expected of me I bow my head to her as she courtesy at me. Amelie looks just like her most, the same caramel colored skin, and calculating green eyes, always seeming to be staring into your soul.