Chapter 13 - A Winter Rose

Narrator

"Arthur?" she whispers in question, not believing of what she is seeing, maybe her eyes are betraying her. A bundle of baby in her arms, holding the child close to her. Letting her warmth blanket her daughter.

"My rose," he breathes out, stepping closer to her, "I have missed you." He says and he watches as a tears form in her eyes and one falls. "Arthur, I thought I'd never see you again." She hiccups, setting her daughter down in her crib, and just as quickly as she can blink the King of Remington pulls her into his comforting embrace. "My rose, I have missed you so much." He tells her over and over, whispering, as to not wake the baby.

"I have missed you too." She whispers back, her voice so low he almost didn't hear her. "How did you get here? Were you followed?" She asks as she looks over him, trying to spot any spies.

He shakes his head, "No my love, I wasn't followed. I was here because of some business I had with the King." He tells the love of his life. The only women who has ever captured his heart, the one he would do anything for. The one who was taken from him because of the laws saying they cannot be together. To hell with the laws. He wanted her, always. He loves her.

"Prim" he breathes her name and she smiles up at him, "I miss hearing my name come from your voice." She tells him, running her fingers through his hair.

A baby's giggle breaks them away from each other. Prim gives Arthur a shy smile, "That's your daughter." She tells him and he gives her a smile.

"Can I?" He asks, nodding to the small crib next to a bed that looks tidy. She nods her head, "Go ahead" she says.

The King takes a curious step close to the crib and peers down at the babbling baby, who is trying to reach up at her mobile, hanging a horse and a butterfly. Her wide brown eyes connect with his eyes that are the same shade.

"She has my eyes."  He says in awe and Prim comes up next to him, peering down at her daughter, "She does, whenever I miss you I always look down into her eyes and she blinks those beautiful brown eyes up at me it brings me some comfort, knowing I have a piece of you with me." Prim says, resting her head on her love's shoulder.

"She looks just like you though, your hair, your nose, your ears, your smile. You two look identical." He tells her and she smile at him and the baby opens her mouth, "Mama" Prim smiles down at her daughter, her arms reaching to be held by her mother.

Reaching into her crib she pulls out her pride and joy, and turns to Arthur. Prim bounces the baby in her arms, "See baby, that's your daddy." Prim says, her voice a low whisper and Arthur's eyes meet hers. "Can I hold her?" He asks cautiously. Prim gives him a smile and hands the baby off to him.

"Hello beautiful." He coos at his 6 month old daughter who is meeting for the first time today. Her giggle and beauty has capture his heart. "I love you darling girl." He tells her and it feels as if there is no one in this world expect him and his daughter.

"What is her name?"  He looks up, away from his darling little princess to to his love, tears shinning in her blue eyes.

"Winter"

"You named her after the first flower I gave you?" He asks her and she nods, "A winter rose, I still have it." She tells him as she watches the love of her life meet his daughter. Knowing it's probably the last time they will ever see each other.

"I love you Winter." He tells his daughter and the baby smiles up at him, giggle as he presses a kiss to her forehead. "Forever"

King Arthur wake up from his dream, "Winter" he breathes, the same dream has been occurring for the past eighteen years, every night.