Chapter Nineteen

Last day of school is tomorrow, yay!

---

Chapter 19

“What if everyone secretly hates me?”

I glanced up at her, pacing back and forth across my bedroom, before shaking my head and looking back down at my toes. I was painting them black.

“You’re delusional.” I sighed. I heard Eleanor’s light footsteps as she came near me.

“What if they all say no?” She whimpered. I sighed, knowing I probably shouldn’t give her a hard time, since I could remember how nervous I had been when I was in her shoes a year ago. Claire was on the floor next to me, texting Harry of course.

“I still don’t understand why this has to happen.” She commented quietly.

“Believe me,” I snorted, “no one understands this fucked up situation. It just works this way.” I shook my head again. The whole voting on whether or not a gang member could get married thing was getting really old really fast.

And poor Eleanor was going out of her mind.

In less than three hours the boys were meeting up to discuss whether or not she could become an official member of the gang by marrying Louis. Which, take it from someone who went through the process and is an official honorary member, means complete shit. I wasn’t treated any different, I don’t get any say in anything and I don’t have special magic powers.

Ok, maybe the last one was a stretch.

“They all love you. They’ll all say yes.” I reassured her. Eleanor honestly was perfect for Louis’s wife. She had no reason to worry.

When I went through the process, I had some real reason to worry.

“But what if-”

“Eleanor.” I interrupted her. “Remember that time I attacked Harry twice? Or kneed Zayn in the balls? Or cursed everyone out?” I set down my nail polish so I could focus on her. Claire’s big eyes glanced up at me.

“You attacked Harry… twice?” She gulped.

“It was right after he… you know… I was really angry.” I shrugged.

“Yes, I remember.” Eleanor nodded.

“Well, I was pretty sure all the guys hated me for all that stuff. I’m kind of a wild child.”

“Kind of?” Claire chuckled before picking her phone up and continuing with the texting.

“Yes, kind of. Anyways, I thought for sure they’d say no to me, but they didn’t. They said yes. And here I am, married to his highness. So, if they let me in, you’re a walk in the park, honey.” Eleanor couldn’t debate with me on that one.

If it came down to her or me… it’d be her all the way. No use in denying it.

“They all said yes to you, though?” She questioned.

“No! Are you kidding?” I laughed obnoxiously. “It was so close. Two to Three. I literally almost had a heart attack when it all came down to one person.” Both Eleanor’s and Claire’s eyes widened and suddenly I had their full undivided attention.

Had I really never told them what happened?

“Zayn was the first to vote. He said yes, obviously. I don’t remember the order, but essentially Liam said yes because he wanted to get it over with, and Louis and Niall said no to me.” I continued on.

“Louis said no?” Eleanor interrupted with an angry frown.

“he said no,” I confirmed.

“I’ll kill him.” She reassured me, her eyebrows set in a furrow of anticipation and anger.

“That won’t help your cause.” I laughed. “Anyways, it all came down to Harry, the man I thought hated me the most. But he said yes and I almost kissed him. I didn’t, but I almost did. I was pretty sure Zayn wouldn’t be too happy if I did that.” Claire laughed with me, but Eleanor didn’t find the situation funny.

“What if Zayn votes no for revenge and then everyone votes no.”

“Believe me. Zayn wants you guys to be married as much as I do. We’re getting sick of being the only ones.” I shrugged.

“Darlin’, did you… oh, hi girls.” Zayn offered an awkward wave as he entered our room to find two intruders.

“Hi Zayn.” Claire greeted stiffly, still not used to everyone in the gang. Eleanor just stared at him, mouth agape. She must’ve been really nervous.

EVEN THOUGH HER NERVES WERE FOR NO REASON!

“Zayn, tell El you’ll say yes. She’s freaking out.” I muttered as I continued painting my nails.

“I guess she’ll just have to wait and see,” he grinned mischieviously. She gulped and blushed quickly.

“ZAYN!” I snapped. “I’ll paint your nails in your sleep if you pull that crap!” I threatened.

“Fine, of course I’ll say yes Eleanor. Wait… Why the hell are you painting your nails black? Isn’t that a little gothic?” He came over to me and pulled the nail polish bottle away to look at it. I shrugged my shoulders and swiped the brush over my big toe.

“It’s for a funeral.”

“What funeral?”

“RIP Eleanor’s chance of getting out of this hellhole.” I thought my joke was pretty funny, but no one else laughed. Eleanor wasn’t even paying attention to me. She just began pacing again, her nerves completely consuming her. Claire didn’t laugh out of respect for Zayn.

And Zayn didn’t laugh because it pissed him off.

Oh well.

Can’t please everyone, right?

“That’s inappropriate.” He scolded me. I could tell Claire and Eleanor felt uncomfortable standing in the room with us. I guess they thought we were going to actually fight.

“So is kidnapping people, and you’ve done that to me on many occasions.” I retorted quickly. The only response I received was an eye roll. Zayn sat down on our bed next to me, careful, to not spill the nail polish all over our sheets.

“Girls, give me ten minutes with my wife.” Zayn looked up at Claire and Eleanor.

“Ten minutes?” I shook my head.

“Well, I can do it in three, but I figured you’d need more time.” He smirked at me. Claire and Eleanor bolted from the room with bright red cheeks. I glared at Zayn and crossed my arms over my chest in an attempt to look angry.

“What the hell? I’m trying to comfort Eleanor and you just-”

“Members will start to arrive in twenty minutes,” he interrupted. I heard the clinking of his belt buckle and glanced down to see him unzipping his pants.

“You weren’t serious, were you?” I snapped, referring to his sexual hints. He looked down at me eagerly.

“I really need this, Darlin’. Just a quickie.” He purred. The polish was only half dried, but he didn’t seem to care. I quickly set the little bottle on the nightstand.

“Zayn, no-”

“I’ll let you go first.” He growled, sliding on top of me. His lips came close to my ear and I felt his teeth grazed along the lobe. I shuddered in delight, but I still tried to push him off. “C’mon, Darlin’. It’ll be quick.”