Chapter Twenty Four

A/N: sorry for not updating forever, my computer broke! school started wednesday and everything sucks ass.

---

Chapter 24

No one was allowed back into the guest room with the new girl until Zayn figured out what to do.

So that was exactly why, an hour after Zayn and I had our little ‘talk’, that I was bent over the lock, trying to pick it with a bobby pin. Let me tell you, they make it look a lot easier in the movies. Maybe it was worse because my hands were shaking violently. And, on top of it all, every time there was a slight noise, I practically jumped out of my skin.

I knew that Zayn was busy, as were all of the other boys, but they were still in the house. So if any one of them decided to, oh I don’t know, check on the hostile French sex slave in the guest bedroom, then they’d find me.

Niall and Eleanor and Claire were with Madeleine. The girls were trying to find clothes for her and redress some of her bandages, while Niall was there because… well, I’m not sure why he was with her- but he was always with her. Maybe it was to protect the girls…?

Something told me that wasn’t it.

When the lock clicked, I nearly cried out in relief. But, of course, I didn’t. That’d be just fucking stupid.

Slowly, I pushed the door open. I peeked through the crack in the door. I saw the girl sitting on the bed, curled up in a ball, staring at me. Her knees were tucked under her chin, her arms wrapped around her knees, and tears streaming down her face.

“Je peux entrer? Je suis seule. (May I come in? I’m alone.)” I asked her softly. She nodded slowly, but scooted back on the bed. Her whole body was shaking, and she looked so different from before. I mean, physically she looked the same, but her body language was completely opposite. I guess she ran out of adrenaline already.

“Mon français n’est pas très bien. (My french is not very good.) ” I explained to her. She pressed herself against the head board.

“It ok. I speak little English.” She answered in a small voice with a broken accent. I nodded and went a little further inside the room.

I wasn’t able to tell the actual structure of her face, because it was so swollen and bruised. Her lip was busted, she had a black eye, and bruises were scattered along her cheek bones. Cuts and dried blood were caked onto her tan skin. The rest of her body was also a mess, one of her knees were bent at an angle that it should definitely not be bent at. She wasn’t as slender as Madeleine- or Claire or Eleanor for that matter. She was more like me- curvy. I mean- she didn’t have any meat on her bones. She was very frail and thin, yet she still seemed… voluptuous.

“I know you’re scared, and you’re allowed to be, but we won’t hurt you. We’re trying to help. That other girl, with the blonde hair, she’s like you. The same people took her.” I made sure to speak slowly so that she could understand me. Even though she spoke English, I was sure that if I spoke like I normally do- with my quick words and East coast accent- she really wouldn’t be able to understand.