Chapter Twenty Five

accidentally updated this on MIH.. oops... heres a late night update (: enjoy!!

---

Chapter Twenty Five

“Where do you think you’re going?”

I gulped as I heard a masculine voice thunder over me. I looked up to see three tall and muscular men glaring down at me. I stood up a little straighter, to appear confident and maybe make up for the immense height difference. Of course, it didn’t do much.

“I was just going to go back inside.” I informed them honestly. I wouldn’t have had to sneak out of the window if Zayn hadn’t locked me in our bedroom. All three looked down at me skeptically, but I was actually, for once, telling the truth.

“We have orders to bring you to him if you’re outside unchaperoned.” One of the guards, the one standing closest to me, spoke. He seemed to be in charge of the other two, as they served on his flank.

“Unchaperoned? wha-I’m not a child… You know what? I’m not doing this. You can watch me walk to the fucking door if it makes you feel better.” I started to walk away from them, but the lead one easily slid in front of me and blocked my path.

“I have to escort you back, Mrs. Malik.” He said grimly. Was it bad that my heart still fluttered violently when I heard someone call me Mrs. Malik? I don’t know, it just sounded so perfect.

“Then fucking walk behind me. But don’t you dare tell him I was trying to escape when I wasn’t.” I snapped. The three men exchanged uneasy glances with each other.

“Mrs. Malik, we have loyalties to you husband.” The lead one spoke to me again. He reached out to grab my arm, but I harshly slapped him away.

“Touch me and I’ll tell him you did a lot worse. Who do you think he’ll believe?” I watched the man- men actually, all three of them- pale instantly at my threat, and that was how I knew that I got them. With a subtle nod of his head, the leader gave me permission to go.

So, I did.

I walked around the ginormous house, along the perimeter of it, as the three burly guards followed in tow. But they gave me a good ten feet of space. I gave them a pointed look and then barged in through my own front door.

Zayn and Harry and Claire were in the living room, and I could tell that I barged in on an argument from the tense stances of the boys and the frightened expression on Claire’s face. But the second I was there, everyone froze. Zayn’s dark brow furrowed as he took in the situation, glancing from me to the men standing on the steps behind me and back.

I turned around and made eye contact with the one guard who had spoken to me, and then slammed the front door shut in his face. I turned back to Zayn, who was looking at me with a frantic and slightly crazed expression.

“Zayn,” his name felt like smooth caramel on my lips. I quickly rushed forward and wrapped my arms around him. “I’m so sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean it. I love you. I didn’t want to make you upset. I’m sorry.” I held him tightly and hoped that he wasn’t still pissed.

“Where were you?” His voice seemed strained as he murmured in my ear. But he did wrap his arms around me and held me just as tightly as I was holding him.

“I-I didn’t like being locked up so I climbed out of the window and they thought I was trying to escape… which I wasn’t, by the way.” I needed him to know that I wasn’t running. I wouldn’t do that to him.

For better and for worse, right?

“Of course you climbed out the fucking window.” He groaned, but that panicked look seemed to evaporate as soon as I assured him that I hadn’t been caught running away. And I felt better knowing he wasn’t so hurt anymore.