Chapter 1 Tris

We arrive at Dauntless almost in no time. "Just copy what we do if you don't want to become factionless." Tori says. I turn to look at the initiates but it's already time to prepare to jump. "One. Two. Three. Jump!" I hear Connor say. The initiates fly through the train door and onto the rooftop. I jump out of the train car and land feet first onto the roof. "To get into Dauntless, you will have to jump off of this roof." Tori announces. "I'll do it." Says an Abnegation boy. Tori nods and the Abnegation boy stands onto the rim of the rooftop and jumps into the entrance to Dauntless. Gasps run around the area and another person jumps.

+++

After I jump, I see that almost all the people who transferred are in Dauntless. Soon the last person jumps and Four starts. "Those people over there, are Jen and Connor. They will be your instructors for some of the time, when her and me will be filling for some of their shifts." Tobias says as he gestures to Jen, Connor, me and himself. "What are your name?" Asks a Candor girl. "I'm Four, and she is Six." Tobias says as he gestures to me. "Ha! You mean like the numbers?! You must be joking!" Laughs the Candor girl. I step forward and go close to the Candor girl's face, so close that I can smell her breath and hear her breathe. "Exactly like the numbers. What's you're name?" I ask quietly. "Carly." The Candor girl- Carly replies, her voice shaking. I step back and look at the group of initiates. "One rule you will learn is to keep your mouth shut. Got that!?" I annouce. The initiates nod and I turn back to Jen and Connor. "Jen and Connor, I think you guys can handle it from here." Tobias says. Jen and Connor nod and they turn to the initiates. I see what transfers are here and I see ten new initiates. "2 Abnegation- Samantha, and Tom, 5 Candor- Carly, Zoey, Spencer, Austin, and Martha, 3 Erudite- Jessica, Davy, and Annabelle." Zoey looks like someone I know. I look at Connor and then back at Zoey. They both look similar. I guess I can just ask him at lunch tomorrow. I think in my head. Tobias and me say goodbye and walk away. "I think Connor and Zoey are siblings." Tobias whispers as we walk through the hallways to our apartment because Christina and Uriah have the Dauntless borns.

+++

We arrive home and lay in bed. "Night Tris." Tobias says. "Goodnight Tobias." I reply and let sleep engulf me.

+++

(A.N. Italics are the dream)

I wake up in a water tank. No, no not again. I think to myself. Water creeps its way up my legs and to my waist. I thrash and hit my arms and fists against the glass walls. I hear some people laughing. I look up at the clear glass walls and see everyone I love and know are laughing at me. I feel tears daring to spill, and I let them. My arms, legs, hands and feet get tired from thrashing around and trying to break the glass, but I keep hitting my arms up against the glass. I feel my body being shaken by something and a voice calling my name. "Tris! Tris!" The voice calls again.

+++

I wake up with sun shining on my face and Tobias sitting in front of me. "Tris, calm down. It's just a nightmare." He says soothingly. I wipe tears from my eyes and get up from bed. "We have the day off again. Christina and Uriah said they will be working today and Connor and Jen are working today again. Maybe we can meet up with the gang at lunch or dinner or something?" Tobias says. I nod. "Yeah, sound great." I say. "Sleep," he says. "I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you." Tobias says. "With what?" I ask. "My bare hands, obviously." He replies. And I fall into an endless sleep.

(A.N,) yeah! First chapter! What do you guys think? Anyways. Stay classy! 😄👍💖 Also, did you guys find the quote from Divergent?