Something Lost Will Never Return

“Something Lost Will Never Return”

Akashi decided to reunite the Generation of Miracles, even just for few months and everyone agreed, except for one certain teal-haired boy, but why did he refuse? Is it because of his secret that drifts him away from his friends? None can read the shadow’s eyes but it seems like he’s a keeping a secret—a secret no one, not even Akashi [?!], knows. Read and Review!

Chapter One:

The Teikou Middle School Basketball Club. An incredibly strong team with over one hundred members and three consecutive championship wins. Amongst their brilliant record, the generation of five prodigies was known as the “Generation of Miracles”. Despite being relatively unknown and lacking a game record, there was one more member recognized by the five prodigies. A phantom sixth man.

Kagami Taiga, Seirin Gakuen Basketball Club’s ace, closed his book as the bell rang which indicated that all classes were dismissed.

“That’s all for now.” Their subject teacher announced, lifted his books and went out of the room.

The room was filled with chatters and laughter as his classmates talked about what they wanted to do later. He’s not really the type who cared about what others were planning, but sometimes he just couldn’t help wondering what he would be doing right now if he wasn’t part of the basketball team.

He smirked with his own thoughts and placed his scattered books and notebooks inside his school bag and stood up. “Alright, I’m really fired up today! Let’s go to the gym, Ku—“ His sentence was cut when he turned and found the one behind him, Kuroko Tetsuya—Generation of Miracles’ and Seirin’s phantom player-- had made no move and was just staring into space.

He raised an eyebrow and grabbed the teal-head’s head. “Oi, Kuroko, I said.”

The said boy blinked then looked up. “What?”

“It’s already dismissal. Don’t you want to go to the gym yet? Coach will kill us if we’re late, you know.” He replied.

Kuroko blinked again and quickly fixed his books and placed them inside his own school bag.

“What’s the matter with you? You’ve been spacing out since the day after we miraculously won against Rakuzan.” Kagami pointed out.

“Miraculously.” His shadow echoed, his tone kinda sound amused.

“Oi, at least I admitted that it was actually a miracle. If you didn’t jump to the boundary line and even fell into the ground just to pass the ball to me, we might have lost with only one point difference. It was a good thing I was able to shoot it.”

Kuroko stood up and lifted his bag. “Kagami-kun, you’re bragging.” He grumbled.

“I’m not!” Kagami defended.

Kuroko walked to the door and opened it before going outside.

“Oi, Kuroko, I said I wasn’t bragging.”

“Ok, you weren’t.” The other responded, his tone unbelieving.

Kagami twitched. “Hey!”

~LFMH021~

“You’re late!” Riko Aida, Seirin’s coach, yelled at the freshmen duo of their team and then threw the water bottle beside her.

Kuroko, who was in front, quickly used misdirection and the water bottle hit Kagami.

“Bull’s eye to the head. Nice, coach!” The three other freshmen congratulated.

“Shut up!” Kagami shouted to them.