Prologue.

I look down at my pocket watch, the Amestrain Dragon engraved into it, I can't believe I passed the exam. I'm a State Alchemist now, I'm excited and all... But what'll happen to my little brother, Aaron?
He can't survive on his own, I've been sheltering him his entire life! Why didn't I think this one through!?!
Slowly the nearby train came to a stop, there I saw my seven year old brother jump off the train, running directly towards me before tackling me in a happy hug.
I stumble back a little bit but pat his head softly, soon regaining my once posture I give him a nod of greeting.

"I'm so proud, you're going to be an alchemist!" My brother cheered happily hugging me tighter than before.
I bend down and hug him back, softly kissing his forehead. "Be safe... Okay? Take care of the tavern for me, alright?" I whisper softly in his ear. Aaron happily nodded as he slowly uncoiled his arms from around my torso.
I gave an incredibly small smile, so that he could be the only one who saw it, Aaron grinned in reply.

"Oh-!" Aaron said as he looked through his pockets, pulling out a brown envelope. "It's from VirVir~" Aaron purred teasingly, misjudging how I actually saw the said person.
I sigh gently, but I accept the letter nonetheless, gently sliding it into the inner pocket of my coat, I'd read it later... Probably.

"Hey Aar?" I say softly, looking down at his curious expression, his blood red eyes shimmered in the light of the sun outside. I gave a soft smile.

Eventually, I had to bid my younger brother farewell, I began to walk towards Eastern Command quietly, occasionally fixing my appearance or hair. At last I arrived at the large building of eastern command, I check my new pocket watch and got ready to pull it out.

"Hey!" A voice yelled running up to me, I looked towards the source of the voice and saw a male of average height, he had black hair and grey eyes. He stopped in front of me, "Hey, are you Serenity Alivia?" The male asked, I nodded once.
"Great! I'm Major Kane Fuery, I've been asked to show you around.... But just to be safe, may I see your pocket watch?" Kane asked, wanting some certification.
I nod once and pull out my pocket watch, I let him examine it but don't speak to him, I wasn't a people person at all.
After finding out and accepting that I was indeed who I claimed to be, Kane or well Major Fuery began to slowly show me around, sooner or later we stepped outside of an office.

"Well uhm you'll be here with me for a while, just going through basic tasks and meeting everyone." Fuery said with a nervous stutter of some sort. I shrug his stutter off, I wasn't known for being friendly so it's probably only because I intimidated him.
We both walked into the seemingly small office, and boy was I mistaken, it looked huge on the inside, despite having only a table with six chairs around it and a desk slightly further up. I guess whoever sits at the desk is a higher up and has everyone else working under him or her, yeah, that makes sense.

Fuery makes a beeline towards one of the seats, he then pulls it out and smiles at me. I thank him and sit down in the seat that he pulled out, Fuery says nothing and continues walking, he began to organize some paperwork and notes.
I was handed some notes regarding everyone who I'd be working with, five males and another female. I inwardly sigh.

I look up as a male walks into the room, his dark onyx eyes met mine for a split second, I awkwardly looked away from him. However I did notice the three stars on his uniform, so he's a Colonel right?
Yeah, that's what it says in the notes. Colonel Roy Mustang, male, twenty nine years of age, state Alchemist: The Flame Alchemist.

Authors P. O. V

Serenity stood up straight and gave Roy a two fingered salute. "Colonel Roy Mustang, sir!" Came Serenity's soft yet serious words. The raven haired Colonel seemed taken aback by Serenity's serious attitude.
"At ease, soldier." Roy said soothingly, his dark onyx eyes boring into the woman's emerald green ones. Serenity sighed and lowered her hand slowly.