>>Chapter 17<<

Dark ripped you out of his office, into the hallway. He immediately began walking, gripping your arm and pulling you along with him. "What the hell were you thinking? Never go in my office without permission...from me only."

     "I-I'm sorry, Dark...Anti told me to go with him. He said that he wanted to sh-"

     "Why are you following him around? He'll only make things worse for you." Dark spat out with annoyance and clear anger.

     "C-can you let go of my arm...?" You asked, him stopping and dropping his grip on your arm. You pulled your arm and rubbed where his hand had harshly been gripping.

     "I apologise." He said, inhaling deeply, seeming to calm down a bit.

     "Um..." a moment of silence resonated through the long hall outside of the office before you spoke again. "What were those...files...for?"

     "You'll have to be more specific. What files?" He leaned forward, eyes narrowing.

     "I found files of the people who lived here..."

     "You-" he sighed and ran a hand through his hair, obviously holding something back. "What did you see?"

     "Well...nobody here has any family...except for...a few..." You looked at the ground, not wanting to see his reaction. "A-and...I looked at Anti's...and it had my name on the list...b-but...it looked like you had tried to take it off."

     For a brief moment, you looked up at him, and he had fire burning behind his eyes. He was furious...were you not supossed to know any of this? Why would he be hiding anything from you anyways? Especially this...

     "It was only me and...Chase...?" You narrowed your eyes in confusion, less scared of his fury. What's his relation to you?

     You could hear his breathing hitch as you felt his anger brewing inside of him, though he was trying hard to keep it within him...yet you didn't stop talking.

     "Right before you came into the office, A-Anti was trying to tell me something." Your words had become more sped up and you your thoughts were racing but not a thing crossed your mind about shutting up. It was a waterfall of words that you couldn't stop.

     "And I think he was about to tell me what my relation to them is, and then you came in a-and...we got into this argument about how if I wasn't here then none of this would've happened!"

     "(Y/n)..." he spoke as calm and low as he could, but no avail. The words kept flowing out.

     "W-why am I even here? Was it really my fault?" You began to panic and your breath hitched, confusion completely stressing you out.

     "(Y/n)." Dark spoke again.

     "Dark, you told me that I'd find out why I was here! Why are you hiding things from me?! It can't be that terrible can it?!"

     "(Y/N)!" He finally yelled out and gripped your shoulder tightly. You shut up and threw his hand from your shoulder, tears pricking at your eyes. He retracted his hand and balled it into a fist, cracking his neck to the side.

     "(Y/n)...I'm sorry. I know you want answers..."

     "So...can't you tell me...?" You asked, voice becoming shaky.

     "No...not yet, I can't..."

     "Wh-why not?! You promised me! You can't just go back on promises like that! I bet you don't even know what it's like to have family!" You were so angry, your face heated up while the warm tears were streaming down your cheeks. You didn't really think about what you were saying; you were blinded through your rage.

     "You couldn't possibly know the frustration, Dark! You-"

     "GET OUT OF MY FACE!" His voice boomed, immediately shutting you up, once again; this is like an endless cycle now, apparently. Your body was becoming weak, despite the adrenaline coursing though your veins while the tears blurred your vision. You could feel the sting in your throat as it contracted, and your attempts to gasp for air through sobs making it worse.

     Without any further conversation, you sprinted towards the stairs, not looking back once, and running to your room. Dark stood still in his place, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose with frustration.

     For a moment, he pondered about going up to apologize, but no.

     Why do I need to apologize to her? She invaded my things...

     After what seemed like forever of you crying, it got quiet throughout the house. You heard nothing from anyone except for Robbie and Chase down the hall, but you blocked even them out.

     You decided that you would go back tomorrow. Or even the next day. But you'd be going back. You needed answers. There's no way you'd just let that happen and be led on like that without any kind of explanation. It's ridiculous. But you know...

Your author is too lazy to write that right now.

(A/N) yes hello hiiiii. It's meeee. Sorry for this short chapter 😂 I just wanted to get it out and hopefully write the next one tomorrow. I didn't really know if I should be added the next chapter into this one but I didn't really know how to blend it in with what I want. Anywaysssss, I'm really distracted right now and procrastinating 😂 thanks for reading! Please stick around!

your lazy author,
~Max ❤