🍓 a g e 🍓

it was january now, of 1995. beverly marsh was soon going to become beverly hanscom. mike recently started dating a beautiful blonde girl named sandy. as for bill and stan, they still hadn't figured out which turn to take on the road, so they kept driving.

richie and eddie, nothing new. that wasn't necessarily bad, per se, everything was great, so great, but it was boring, monotonous, repetitive, colorless, vapid. eddie craved the fruitful days of their youth, the naissance of their love. where the water was warm, and their buds were still green. now that the fruits were ripped off of their stems, there was nothing left.

"what are you thinking about, bubs?"

eddie looked up to face his lover, who had his arm wrapped around him, and a somewhat melancholy look.

"richie, do you ever get bored?"

"of course i get bored, everyone gets bored."

"no, i mean, of... us... of this, of everything."

"y-you're bored of me?" richie creaked, choking back tears.

eddie hesitated to respond, for the last thing he wanted to do was break Richie's heart. but it was that moment he realized that he wasn't open with richie about his feelings, because he was afraid, not of richie, but of himself.

"i jus—"

"eddie," richie cried, "d-d-do you even s-still love me?" he wiped his tears, but it was no use.

"richie, of course i do, i do love you." eddie stated monotonously, eyes squinted shut.

"n-no," he stuttered for the third time, "you d-don't! i'm not e-e-enough for y-you, am i?!"

"richie..."

"richie what?! what do you want , eddie?! what more do i have to do?! what else do i have to give you?! i do everything for you, i bought this appartement, i work extra hours to pay the fuckin' rent, i'm trying to fuckin' get my shitty rock band going, i went out of my way to fuckin' marry your ass, and you just sit around like the pampered spoiled rotten prince you are! and what, you're bored now?! bored. fuckin' bored. what the fuck, eds?! what the actual f-fuck?"

"well, you know what richie?! maybe if you actually cared about me and not your shitty job and your shitty rock band, i wouldn't be so bored of our shitty fucking relationship, you bitch! i work hard as fuck, trying to get my bachelors degree!"

"what do you even mean by that?! all you think about is yourself!"

a screech, a shriek, more disturbing that the most annoying of din. and a slam of a door.

"good riddance, i hope you had the time of your life, eddie spaghetti."

good riddance? might as well be the edge of a cliff.