???? s e v e n ????

june 10th, 1990
"and when i touch you i feel happy inside, it's just a feeling that i know i can't hide, i can't hide," richie sang to eddie strumming along with his guitar with his silky fingers, "yeah you got that somethin', i think you'll understand, yeah you got that somethin', i wanna hold your hand. i wanna hold your hand, i wanna hold your hand. i wanna hold your hand, i wanna hold your haaaaaaand."

that song was eddie's favorite; it was their song, written for them. he leaned his head on richie's shoulder, intertwining his fingers with that of his lovers. "i love you, eddie, i'm never gonna fuckin' stop." he said, kissing eddie on the head. "i hope you don't," small eds said, shedding a tear, "i really h-hope you don't."

-

"eds, i'm sorry, but i think we need t-to spend some time apart f-for a while. we obviously can't be t-t-together anym-more." it literally pained richie to say these words; he loved the boy with all his heart, but he needed a year alone, at least that's what he thought. richie wanted nothing more than for his eddie to be happy, and if eddie wasn't happy with him, he had to let him alone.

"don't be sorry, richard, this is all my fault."

"you're not wrong about that." richie replied bitterly, while stuffing all of eddie's things in a suitcase. the other was in shock. "here's your shit," said richie, blankly, "i know you won't miss me." eddie did not reply; he grasped his things with shaky hands, hesitantly opening the door.

"happy new year, eds."

"happy new year, rich."

-

eddie held back tears as he walked long strides in the hallway of the apartment building, biting his bottom lip with eyes squinted shut. he was too young for this, he knew he shouldn't have committed his life to his childhood love; childhood loves are never meant to be. where was he to go now? where was his mind? he felt as if his eyes and heart were viciously ripped apart from his small body, there was nothing left of him. but then he sat outside on the green green grass and pondered. this is what i wanted, thought he, this is what i get, and this is what i want. this is good, this is great. i'm free. he smiled at the mere thought of it. he was free of being bound to richie. eddie could do whatever he wanted now. he threw his hands in the air, and sniffed the sweet lavender breeze that blew through his feather soft hair. "i'm finally free," he whispered, pulling his wedding band off of his finger, "i'm finally fucking free!"

"oh, eddiebear, i'm so proud of you!"

"wh-what?" eddie said softly, whipping his head around. he was in shock, in complete shock; his bones chattered at the sight.

it was...his mother.

𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬  ✦  𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 [ 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝 ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें