🍷 c r u e l w o r l d 🍷

"hi eddiebear! i'm back! oh, how i've missed you so so much, look at how much you've grown!" his mother said, taking her boy into her arms, and cocooning him.

"m-mom, how'd you get out of pr-prison?" he gulped, anxiously.

"your fri-- i mean boyfriend, richie picked me up! he's really a sweet boy, isn't he? i'm so sorry i wasn't open to your relationship with him!"

"he what?!!" eddie snapped. he caught the attention of a few folks walking by.

"a-and we don't belong together! we don't fit, and we're not together, sonia! jesus!"

she was taken aback by his words, frightened almost. that was when mrs. kaspbrak realized that eddie was still very much a child on the inside.

"i'm taking you home, edward."

"w-what?"

"you heard me. i'm taking you home!"

"mom, i'm a grown man an--"

"no, edward!" she cried in a stentorian voice, "you are my son, and if you don't belong with richie, and you don't live with him, you must come home! look at yourself! you're fucking crazy!" she seized his arm violently.

"i'm not fuckin' crazy, mom! i'm studying microbiology, and working hard to get my bachelors degree, for god's sake! at least ask me how i'm d-doing in life!" eddie began tearing up, threatening to spill.

"oh, eddiebear," his mother's expression softened, taking him into her arms once again, "i'm so proud of you, baby, i really am. i'm so sorry i wasn't here for you. this is a cruel world y'know, a real cruel world, a-and i was worried about you. i haven't seen you in years, i wasn't here for your wedding, i wasn't here for your adolescence, and i know that richie's parents 'adopted' you when i was gone, and they're real nice people and all that... oh, baby i was so frightened, a-a-and i-i'm so so sorry. i promise i'll be a better mother. please forgive me."

eddie did not listen to a single word she said, nor did he want to. something was happening to him, changing him for the worse. he was... becoming as cruel as the world.

"fuck you, mom." eddie spat disdainfully, his face as sour as a lime.

"edward!" she cried, tears streaming down her red cheeks. she covered her mouth with her hand.

"go away."

"EDWARD, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

"I said go away, you bitch."

and she did, crying to herself, "oh god, what is wrong with my boy?"

and god replied, "he has become as cruel as the world."