Chapter Eight: Leah

Leah's POV:

It wasn't that I gave two shits about what happened to the Cullens. Cause let's be honest I didn't. But while my mother were around them, I wasn't going to let anyone including my mate hurt them. I knew he wouldn't hurt my family but I wasn't taking chances.

--------Flash back---------

Soon after we had got off the phone my mate was back. I was going to really regret our conversation later of that I was sure. But the Cullens wouldn't die now. Nor would my mother or the chief. And not because of a stupid leech loving whore.

One inside we cuddled on the couch.

"I know something happened because Sam. He called just before you. And although Bella, the girl your pack saw, and her mate, Edward, the vampire that with her should pay; my mother is among them. My mother’s friend is Bella's father. He was hurt and she was attending to his wounds with the vamp doc. I don't care about those leeches even Bella but I'll be damned if you or pack try to kill my mother." I hoped he understood because I'd fight to death for family.

"I as your mate, understand where you’re coming from but don't ever threaten MY pack again. If I knew who your mom was, I would not kill her. Your family is mine. By association. As for the VAMPIRES, I wasn't going to attack without cause. My father hates all living things. And vampires most of all."

"I will threaten ANY one I want. So back off. I may love or care about you but I'll be damned if you get to threaten me either. You may a creature of the night but I can hold my own. And as far as family is concerned if your father thinks that he can just over rule others, he is no family of mine. And even if I don't care for the LEACHES, my pack would be put off if you killed any of them seeing as they don't kill humans."

He seemed intrigued by that but didn't say anything else. Neither one of us would back down and family or not we couldn't stay mad at each other.

And over the next few minutes we just stared each other down. Finally, my mate smiled and pulled me in to him.

"Let's not fight any more little girl. Today I just want to enjoy my mate. We will deal with my father when time comes." I sighed and leaned into him.

I of course agreed and we spent all day getting to know each other and he even told me more about real wolves. I have to say I was more in love with this strange creature more and more every day.

————Flashback Over—————

I am now getting ready to go on a date with my imprint. When he first asked, I turned him down not really ready to go public with our relationship. But in the end, he convinced me. We were going for a walk on the beach and surrounding forest. Then making our way back to my place. I would fix dinner and then maybe some fun after. Bjarne left about twenty minutes ago to get ready and told me to be ready by 7. I was nervous.

I had no GIRLFRIENDS and I wasn't sure even if I called a friend, they would help me get ready. I was a cold bitch to many. But tonight, I was going to have to suck up my pride and call in reinforcements. Emily was my first call. She picked up on the second ring.

-----------Phone Call--------------

"Hello." Damn her sweet tone.

"Um hey listen I don't know if you heard but I found my mate and I'm supposed to go on a date with him tonight. I know we haven't been close since we'll you know. Anyway, I could really use my cousin. And I'm sorry I understand now what imprinting is like. Please give me a chance to show you that I'm over it. I want my family back. Can you forgive me." I was chocked up by the end. I wasn't sure if she'd agree but I had to try. I saw how much family meant to Bjarne and I would try to get that back with my family.

I tried again. "I know that things would be the same or change overnight. But I'd like to get to know you again."

She sighed. "I don't know if that's really a good idea, but I can tell you are sincere. So sure Leah I'll come and help you, but if I do things will be different. And I want you to apologize to Sam too." I gritted my teeth. I didn’t want to apologize to no one. But agreed.

We hung up.

---------End of Phone Call----------------------

I then called my mom.

-------------Another Phone Call----------------

" Hey Mom. Listen Emily is coming over tonight to talk and help me get ready for a date. And before you ask yes I apologized and no I don't want to talk about it. However I was wondering if you could stay a bit longer with the Swans. I want to have a special night with my imprint. You can meet him tomorrow if he doesn't have to go home. Also tell that little leach that I need her and Bella. And yes I'll be nice. I love you."

"Okay Leah. I love you too. And please remember that I will want to know everything in the morning."

"You got it Mom love you."

------------End of Phone Call---------------

My last phone call was to Sam. I hated this call the most but Emily was family and I wanted to show my imprint that I was all about family. So I dialed my ex for the first time since he left me for Emily.

-----Yet Another Phone Call--------

"Leah?"

"Um...well... I..." I sighed. "Look this is hard on my Sam. I am calling to let you know Bella and the pixie have been invited to my house to help me get ready. I have a date with my imprint and I need help. I have also called Emily and asked her to join us. I want to be okay with you both. She wanted me to apologize to you and said it was the only things that could help is be a family basically. I'd rather talk in person but I'll do it here we can about it in person tomorrow when Mom comes home. Anyways I'm sorry okay. I have an imprint so I understand. I know you can't forgive me tonight just know that I want to be family with Emily and will do whatever it takes to save my family from separation. I know I've caused that already but like I said I'm sorry. Also please let them on the Rez I'm so nervous about this and I need some girl time. I promise to be nice and respectful and have them back home before 10.."

"I can almost hear my Leah in your voice again. I know I also haven't been the best of people to you either. So I'm going to grant you this night. We will all talk once things settle a bit. I appreciate you sincerity and I hope tonight you finally will open yourself up. I'll let the pack know about Alice and Bella. Have fun. I'll talk to you later."
------------------End of Phone Call-------------------
Though I knew this would not be easy I was happy to know things were looking up. And I would have myself back. I just hope tonight would be all good. And Bjarne would always be there for me.