In the BMW

Ronan couldn't stop throwing glances over at Adam, who was currently behind the wheel of the BMW. Something about the sight of Adam driving his car made Ronan's insides squirm—in a good way.

He cherished these weekends that Adam didn't have a terribly overwhelming workload from school and could drive home to spend the weekend at the Barns with him.

Adam smirked as he caught Ronan glancing his way. "What?"

Ronan shook his head and couldn't hide a smile, "Nothing, just...you driving my car," he said, "it's pretty hot."

"Oh?" Adam raised a brow and grinned. "Well remind me to drive your car every time I come into town."

They were headed to Nino's to grab lunch. Blue didn't work there anymore but they still had that amazing, greasy, not-very-good-for-you diner food that made a trip worthwhile.

Drizzly rain had been calmly but steadily falling as Adam steered the car through Henrietta.

"Man I forgot how smoothly this car drives," Adam commented, "even in the rain."

Ronan leaned forward to peer skyward through the windshield. "Looks like the sky is ready to open up any minute now."

No sooner had Ronan said it that large heavy rain drops spitefully began plunking onto the windshield. "Aw man it's about to be a downpour."

And it was. Within seconds the rain had become so heavy and persistent that Adam couldn't see a single thing in front of the car. He downshifted and was inching along the skinny road, unable to even make out the white road lines.

"I'm pulling over," he said as he glided the car onto a mercifully paved shoulder.

He put the BMW in park and leaned back in his seat.

"When I wanted rain for the crops at the Barns I did not mean I wanted enough to drown them," Ronan announced, possibly to a higher power, as he peered out the windows at the incessant rain.

"Maybe it won't last too long," Adam said.

Ronan looked to the sky again through the front windshield, "Doesn't look like it's letting up."

Adam shrugged, "I guess we can just sit here for a while."

Ronan reached over slowly and took Adam's hand in his.

Adam couldn't suppress the smile that spread across his face whenever Ronan initiated sweet small gestures like this.

"You know I miss you when you're gone," Ronan said quietly, bringing Adam's hand up against his lips.

Adam's heart ached at this because he hated leaving Ronan. He loved school because it was important and he had worked really hard for it. But he also loved Ronan. Ronan was important. And they worked hard on their relationship too. Being apart wasn't easy, but it was necessary, so they made it work.

"I know," Adam replied, "I miss you too, always."

Ronan looked relieved to hear him say it even though he must have known it. Sometimes a little reassurance went a long way.

The rain droned on heavily outside. The boys clicked off their seatbelts to sit more comfortably in the leather seats.

"I guess it's going to be a late lunch," Adam sighed as he glanced at the clock on the dash.

"Yeah, what could we possibly do in the meantime?" Ronan wondered aloud with a sly grin.

Ronan had been mostly kidding, until he noticed Adam's slightly flushed cheeks and a familiar hunger in his eyes, biting his bottom lip as he looked at Ronan.

Ronan reached across the console and took Adam's face in his hands, pulling his lips to his own.

Their lips collided in a rush of sweetness and passion. Ronan rubbed his thumbs over Adam's cheekbones, admiring them as if they belonged to a perfectly carved statue.

The kiss went on for a while, one of Ronan's hands working its way into Adam's fair hair, and Adam reaching to pull Ronan closer to him.

Ronan's tall frame was awkwardly twisted and hunched in the tight space between them.

Quickly he pulled back from Adam, straightening his body in his own seat.

Adam looked confused as to why Ronan had pulled away until Ronan gravelly said, "Come here."

And in an instant Adam was on the passenger seat, knees pressed into the leather straddling Ronan beneath him.

He brought his hands to Ronan's shoulders, feeling the small mounds of muscles that rested underneath Ronan's black muscle tee.

Ronan's sizable hands slid their way to Adam's back, holding him in place.

Once again their lips crashed together in a fiery heat storm.

Ronan's arms wrapped so tightly around Adam that there was nearly no space at all between them.

Ronan broke his lips apart from Adam's to plant seductive kisses along his jawline. When he got to Adam's neck an inescapable moan fumbled from Adam's mouth.

Of course, this encouraged Ronan to plant even more kisses on Adam's neck.

Adam's head flew back, "Oh god, Ronan."

The way Adam had said his first name sent sparks coursing through Ronan's body.

Magnetically their lips met again, Adam gliding his tongue against Ronan's.

Ronan felt for the hem of Adam's shirt and lifted it as Adam hurriedly ducked his head out of it.

Adam took hold of the shoulders of Ronan's muscle tee, guiding it up over his head.

Adam ran his fingertips gently over Ronan's chest, which was fuller and firmer since he'd begun farming at the Barns.

Seeing Adam admire his body felt like pure electricity straight to Ronan's heart.

Ronan snaked a hand up Adam's neck, gently taking hold of his jaw and bringing his mouth to his once more.

As the kiss continued Ronan reached forward to find the button of Adam's jeans, undoing them in one swift motion.

"Wait," Adam said breathless, "there's not enough room up here."

"Backseat," Ronan murmured.

Adam crawled hastily into the back seat, Ronan struggling in behind him.

Rain still hammered the windows, shutting out the rest of the world completely.

All remaining garments of clothing were quickly removed.

Adam pulled Ronan forward and dominated his mouth with his own.

Ronan's teeth lightly tugged onto Adam's bottom lip, eliciting insanely sensual noises to spill from Adam's mouth.

Adam smoothly laid Ronan down on the back seats, hovering over him and kissing his lips, his chin, his neck.

"Shit, Parrish," Ronan murmured with pleasure, warranting a small laugh from Adam.

"Wait, I have something," Ronan announced as he felt around the floorboard for this dark jeans.

From one of the pockets he produced a vile of clear liquid and handed it to Adam.

"Is this..?" Adam asked, "You brought lube?"

"Yes," Ronan answered matter-of-factly.

Adam laughed, "Do you just carry around viles of lube with you?"

"Only when you're in town," he grinned.

"Shit, Lynch," Adam smiled and Ronan laughed.

Adam lowered himself down to Ronan, kissing him again, hands exploring.

The windows of the BMW were fogged and the rain was loud and constant outside all around them.

There was no one in the world but the two of them.