CASE NOT FILED! all rights reserved to the author

Sitting at his desk, a cigar in the mouth, Jack Right looks out the window. He is happy to finally be at home! Happy and fully satisfied.
He has just returned from Africa where he had to go to carry out of a difficult investigation of jewels of considerable value, stolen by the lover of a wealthy diamond collector, the man had courted her during long months ago. Filling her with many gifts and attentions, she had finally yielded to his advances.

Winning the trust of this credulous woman, he managed to obtain the combination of the safe of the bank. One fine morning this thug had disappeared after having completely stripped her.

 This story had been the One in the news. This is the friend of Right, a Scotland Yard policeman, a some Mathias who had recommended his friend forever, to this woman annihilated. Not long after, she summoned Jack and hired him.

His mission was to find the trace of the thief and if possible to recover the diamonds. He had pinned the guy in Africa where he intended to sell the jewels to a reseller who had come expressly from Asia, who had offered him a large sum of money against the totality of his theft. The two men had been repatriated to England, the Briton had been promptly imprisoned while the receiver had been extradited and entrusted to the justice of his country.
This case had been laborious and trying. Jack had been arrested and incarcerated for two long weeks upon his arrival in Africa. The local authorities had confused him with a wanted robber for more than three years. Indeed all the details corresponded, even physical: a tall, slender man, ginger with blue eyes, long hair, a five-day beard, no more than thirty.
He had finally recovered his freedom through his embassy as soon as she was informed of the reasons for his arrest by proving his identity. The concern was that Jack had failed to contact her during his imprisonment; the authorities did not allow him to call until the arrival of their executive just as indignant by this unsuitable procedure on the part of his agents.
Jack had not tasted this reception at all, and it was with a thousand and one apologies from the chief of police that he was free again.

During the trips on this mission, other events hindered his investigation. He had fought a tribe of mercenaries who slaughtered elephants for the resale of ivory in various countries and on which he had the misfortune to fall following the trail of the thief of jewels.
When these thugs had discovered his identity, mainly because he was in close contact with Scotland Yard, they tried to suppress him, but once again, Jack escaped unscathed.
He held a ferocious hatred against all poachers of any nationality. For him, the bloodshed had to stop and it was not the first time he was fighting against this traffic.
When he returned to the country his investigation completed, the collector compensated him very well for his services by offering him almost a quarter of the amount of insurance and his bed. All these considerations and advantages did not prevent him however, to appreciate his status of single.
Jack had an exceedingly well-stocked account, and on each of his assignments he made a point of depositing a check for the Widows and Orphans' Association of the British police officers.

The guy had killed at least six children, he certainly did not deserve his clemency.
A young woman psychologist warned by the security forces, called the parents of the little boy who upon arrival are taken to a specialized center for victims of aggression, to ensure that all will be able to resume their lives without too much trouble.
Once the identity of the criminal is established, Jack goes to his home and discovers in horror, the photos of the murdered children, locks of hair and very personal effects of each of them, that this pervert undoubtedly regarded as Trophies. No error was possible! It was he who had terrorized England for several months but never again, he would indulge in cruel acts, Jack took charge. He will learn later that the wife of this madman had left for over a year, because of his violent behavior towards her. He will also find the body of a seventh child, whose picture was among those of other small victims.
It was right after this horrible investigation that Jack decided to become a consultant and to search for the missing children, never to live again such a fright.