Partie sans titre 2

That night, Jack goes to father's house, who is waiting for him for supper. When he arrives, he is happy and pleasantly surprised to find his mother throwing herself on his neck as soon as she sees him.

— My darling, I'm so happy about your return! Dad told me that you were leaving for Tibet very soon, in search of Clarke's daughter. You know, I too knew him well and I am very sad about what happens to him. We had worked together for a while, at the very beginning of my entry at Scotland Yard. I was really sorry to hear that her daughter was gone, but I'm sure you'll find her again!Now listen! Your father and I need to talk to you about something absolutely important. When I heard that you had come home and that you had dinner, I could not wait, so as I said, we have something to ask you.

— I listen to you Mom!

—"What would you think, if Dad and I were to live together again?" Would you see any problem? You know, I still love him and he loves me too. So, what do you say? I cannot stand this uncomfortable situation after all these years!Jack catches his mother and lifts her off the floor.

— I say that I am happy to learn it! Happy that you have finally decided. If you think I did not know your little romantic getaways, you're wrong! I knew you were in secret!

Her mother blushed and took her to the table holding her by the hand, she too was proud of him and vice versa.Even though she was not living under the same roof, she had managed to keep her son's trust by staying with Brian on the weekends so that Jack would not suffer from their separation. If he lived with his mother, he could always see his father as often as he wanted.

When he was born, June also worked for Scotland Yard, where she and Brian had met. She was even an excellent agent but she had chosen in her soul and conscience, to stop everything for the sake of her child, she had privileged her family life before everything else and had resigned. She was the only daughter of the Commander of the Air Force, a man of great value but of abusive authority. He had not approved his choice of marriage and what is more, he hated Brian cordially.
This did not affect her decision and when she became pregnant, her father made the effort to get closer to the couple, so he could take advantage of his beloved grandson.He had died three years later during a flight performance. His engine had caught fire and the plane had spat on a mountain, leaving him no chance.Jack's father too, had a lot of work at the time and when he finally returned from his long and laborious days of investigation, very often in the early morning, his wife had fallen asleep after narrating long stories of dragons at his child who was particularly fond of it until about its eleventh birthday, beginning to take an interest in investigations and the army. This situation of hunting cross between his parents had lasted for ten seven years. June and her husband had separated for this reason, but they still loved each other so much and continued to see each other despite everything.Jack was delighted with their decision, his father retired in two years and now he was only rarely on the ground. He had accepted this supervising position at Scotland Yard, in order to find his wife and it made him happy to know that now they were finally going to be able to live under the same roof.Jack had a nice time with his parents, he felt relieved that his mother had managed to take the step, on Brian's work, simply glad to know them again together. He feared that when he retired, his father was bored and found long time but his wife at his side, it was no longer the case and both had already programmed many trips. He withdrew around midnight, completely reassured and filled with emotions. His parents had been separated for more than fourteen years, his mother had kept the house and Mr. Right had recovered a smaller one, that of his stepfather who was home to Jack's Tinkers and who would be very soon, his own, by the time his father resettled In the family home.