Chapter 2

****hey so language, warning thanks for reading!!!***

The drive was 37 hours non stop and there was no way we weren't stopping. Let me correct that Dad, Marie and I were stopping. My mother was flying out since her health was declining they thought it was best she flew out stayed at a hotel for a few days and met us at the house once we started unpacking. I really don't understand why we literally moved from one coast to the other, but our father gets these weird jobs and up we go. Honestly I wonder if my ghost status has something to do with the random moves, too bad we'll never know.

We dropped mom off at the airport, it was 5 am and Dad decided we should just head out from there so we did. The moving truck with the boxes and furniture was leaving today and the contractors were only bringing in the furniture so lucky us we were going to be moving in the boxes.

The first day was fine we drove 14 hours, Dad stopped at a few of our favorite fast food drive thru's. Marie tried playing games and was surprisingly happy, my dad downloaded a book he knew I wanted to read. We listened to the story for a bit, but surprise Marie got annoyed and wanted to listen to music. God she has to be bipolar, so my dad gave me his phone and headphones so I could continue my book. Once we checked into the hotel I grimaced knowing I couldn't get much sleep thanks to my nightmares and my fear of waking my family. Once everyone was asleep I pulled out my academy phone and set alarms for every hour, this way I wouldn't fall into a deep sleep. I set it on vibrate and used two hair ties to keep it attached to my hand, then I wrapped it up in my long sleeved pj arm. The night was surely going to suck big ones.

The second day sucked, Marie complained and moaned the first 5 hours of the 13 hour drive and my lack of sleep wasn't helping. I contemplated using my skills on her so we could finally have some silence. Thankfully my dad folded and stopped at a electronic store. He decided we were both old enough to have cell phones, I kinda gaped at him and waited for the other shoe to drop. I guess Marie finally drove him to insanity, the beast was gonna have a heart attack.

Maybe she'll finally die.

Hush you, we shouldn't think like that she is our mother.

You call her the beast the name fits the punishment.

I hate when my inner bitch makes sense.

Anyways we both got smart phones, nothing new or fancy but functional. I think about my iPhone for academy related jobs and decide this other phone will make concealing the iPhone easier, unless mom freaks out and takes it away. My dad was kind enough to download the audible app and get me a few new books, something was off with how nice he was being. We finished the last 8 hours of the drive, And at the end of the second day I went ahead and downloaded a few language books. Of course I waited till they were both asleep so I could use the academy paid card. The second night I set myself up like the first, I didn't even fall asleep during some of the alarms.

Day three was much better than the first two, we drove for 10 hours but I felt dead on my feet from lack of sleep. Since we left each morning at 5 am we were going to arrive by 3 pm, which would give us enough time to start unpacking. The only hitch was Marie's favorite food stops were few since we were on a different coast, so we had to branch out and try something new. Of course Marie had to have a reason to complain. I honestly didn't mind, I was thrilled that I was fed three actual meals and snacks. Marie played on her phone and didn't say anything unless spoken to first, and Dad played some music and ignored us for the most part. We arrived in South Carolina around 3:45 pm, thankfully traffic wasn't anything like California. Our new house was on Sunnyvale court, it's a two story unremarkable house and that works for me. The less attention we bring  to ourselves the easier my job will be. Mom is going to staying at the hotel till Sunday afternoon, since it's Friday two days should give me enough time to unload and put stuff away.