X

Cheryl's POV
"Easy break his heart" easier said than done. Jonah is so right I have to do something in order for Daniel to become a singer. After school I decided to stay at the park nearby.

I'd rather stay here on a swing than at home next to a woman I call my mother. At times like this all I had to do was think, think and think. Well that's what I was about to do until a little girl smiled up at me.

"Hey I want to go on the swing can I?" the brunette cutie asked me. I usually despise kids I find them really annoying but she actually seemed different and she gave me a nice vibe.

"Yeah sure do you want me to push you?" I questioned crouching next to her small frame.
"Yes but just for now my brother is on his way" she informs while taking a seat on the blue swing.

"Did you cross the road all by yourself?" I ask pushing her seat forward. Kids shouldn't cross roads without a senior to supervise them.

"Yes Ezra was angry and told me he would meet me here"

"What's your name"
She looks up at me while showing her big gummy smile.

"My name is Rachel. And what's your name"
This time I look down at her with a giant grin.

"Cheryl. Now where is that irresponsible brother of yours. Why would he scream at someone as cute as you?" I lightly tap her nose.

The little girl opens her mouth but closes it just as fast when she sees a tall boy running in our direction.

"That's Ezra I think he's mad at me" her voice was laced with fear just like her eyes.

When he finally reaches us he pulls his sister by her arm. Rachel instantly burst into tears. Worried I pull her out of his grip and carry her up.

"What are you doing? You can't just yank her like that" I yell angrily while I they to calm the munchkin in my arms.

"Mind your own business. Now give me my sister" he barks stretching out his hand.

"Ezra you have to apologize for screaming at her" I hear Rachel saying in my arms.

"Honey I'm sorry for yelling at you but you crossed the road without waiting for me. If I apologize to her will you forgive me?" he asks.

"Yes"

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you" he mumbles monotonous.

"You are forgiven Ezra but now you have to get me some ice cream" Rachel whined as I hand her back to her older brother who nods.

"Can Cheryl come too" she asks with high hopes.

"Sorry I can't I have to walk my puppies. I'll see you around and don't you ever cross the road all by yourself " I warned her while beaming with happiness.

"You have puppies. I want puppies too. Can we come along. Pleaseeeeee"
Rachel looked between me and her brother hoping that one of us will give in and say yes.

I'm sure that Athen and Percy will love her. Sure they would they love children because kids love playing as much they do.

Ezra sighs and looks at me like it's all my fault.
"Only when nice Cheryl allows us to"

"Yeah of course. Shall we?" I ask uncomfortably as i take my bag and jacket from the ground.
We eventually make our way to my aunts house where Daniel was washing his car. When he saw us his jaw suddenly clenched and of water was running down the sponge as he gripped on it really tight.

"Shit Seavey I should have known" I hear Ezra say next to me.

"Wait you know Daniel?" I questioned interested. Funny I've never seen Daniel and Ezra hanging out so far.

"I wish I didn't" he mumbled under his breath.
Just by the way they looked at each other. It was evident that they hated each other.

"Why don't you guys stay here and I'll get Athene and Percy ok?"
After they nodded I walked past Daniel who stormed into the house right after me.

I connect the leashes to the puppies and packed some treats into my pocket.

"Where are you going with Ezra?" Daniel bossed behind me.

"Out for a walk why?"
Honestly I don't have to answer his question it's not like I'm his maid.

"I'm not going to allow you to do that" he slightly raises his voice.

"You're not my dad so don't tell me what to do. I'm leaving now see you soon." I pinch his cheeks to not seem suspicious and walk out of the house.

"Puppies" Ezra put Rachel  down who ran towards Athen and Percy pulling them in an embrace.

"You're boyfriend is an asshole" he states then.

"Daniel and I aren't dating." I reply with a unsettling voice. Ezra smirks at my reaction and takes a leash from my hand.

"Good. You guys don't make a good match"