Chapter 3: Cruising

"Oscar, go out and explore the boat." Qrow says as I laid on the bed. "It's not often you can stay on a cruise for so long."

"But-"

"No buts, go out and have fun. Be a teen. Hang out with other kids. Be normal for once."

"There's nothing normal about sharing a soul with a professor."

"Oscar, you know what I mean. Go have some fun with the other teens your age. Be with others. Go ahead."

"Alright then..." I walked outside, closing the door behind me. I took a deep breath, breathing in the salty air and feeling the breeze of the ocean. I open my eyes, seeing the sapphire crystals of the ocean.

"Oscar, come join us!" I hear Ruby's voice shouting from the left. I turn to see her waving her arms in the air. 

"Coming!" I chase after her to the front of the boat.

I see the teams standing in front, overlooking the sea. "Oscar, glad you could make it." Nora pulls my straps and hauls me to the front of the ship, right next to Ruby.

"R-ruby!" I say as she turns to me.

"Hey Oscar. Can't believe it, I'm on a cruise ship! Ah!" She screams in joy. "And I get to see the front of the cruise! Oh, I can see the ocean! Ah! This is amazing!"

"Heh, glad you're having fun." I leaned against the rails. It's truly a beautiful sight. The sun was about to set, so the sky was painted orange and pink, the darkness settling down with its army of stars and the leader, the shattered moon.

"Eh? Aren't you having fun as well?" Her silver eyes just staring into my eyes.

'Oscar, better get yourself out of this mess.'

'I'm thinking.'

'That's not a good plan, especially when surrounded by her team.'

'I'll figure out another way.' "No, I am, it's just... I have no words to explain what I'm feeling..."

"What do you mean?" I see Jaune turn his head towards me, giving me a stare.

"I-I... I just meant that I don't know how to express my feelings... to be here... you know, going to a different place."

"I know what you mean, Oscar. It was scary for me to leave Beacon and here. Now, we're going to Atlas... I'm scared as well."

I see Jaune look away, pleased that I didn't express my feelings for her. Seeing how close the team members were, makes me jealous, especially that Jaune boy. From time to time, I see him look towards me, giving me looks. Does he have feelings for Ruby as well? Or is he just overprotective? "Ruby, I bet there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Eh? What makes you say that?"

"You have your whole team again, and now, I'm feeling quite close to you guys. Thanks for taking me in."

"No worries." Suddenly, the floor shook and we started to move. "We're finally moving?!" 

We spent about a full hour just sitting and watching the ocean. Everyone else left me and Ruby on the deck, alone. Thanks to the captain, we're the only ones here. 

'Oscar, you can make your move, this is making me gag just a bit, so I'm going to leave you for now.'

Ruby suddenly falls backwards into my chest. "Ruby? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine... just... exhausted..."

"Exhausted? Heh, how is that possible? I know we did some small packing, but still, we didn't do that much today."