Chapter 4: Destination

"We are approaching Atlas! I repeat, we are approaching Atlas!" The captain's voice shouts as I was packing my stuff away.

'We have to go through the forest, Oscar. During that time, I want you to take on the Grimm we meet.'

'Why is it just me? Can't the others aid me?'

'Oscar.' He says in a stern voice. 'You need to train, and the best way to train and to master your skills is to go against Grimm. I know you fought smaller ones on your farm, but these ones are stronger. You need to face them. Tell everyone about this.'

I sigh, I can't go against the professor's wishes. 'Alright, I will. I just wish... training wouldn't be this harsh.'

'As I saw from Team RWBY, they are incredibly skilled, especially when they were on that Search and Destroy Mission that they chose. I do not doubt their abilities.'

'So, you doubt mine?'

'It's not like that. It's just, you need more experience.'

'I am a weakling, is that what you're saying?'

'No, I'm not.'

'Sounds like it.'

I hear banging noises on my door with Qrow speaking after. "Oscar! Hurry it up, the teams are waiting for you outside."

"Coming!" I yell, putting my bag on.

'Remember what I said, Oscar. Train when we're passing through the forest.'

'Understood, Ozpin.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyah!" I shout as I gave the killing blow to a Beowolf. Everyone was standing on the side, watching me defeat the Grimm. It felt that I was being tested, but I realized that I was.

"Nice job, pipsqueak." Qrow says as he drinks from his flask. "Doing better."

"Thanks, Qrow. I'm only doing what Ozpin told me to do." Almost through the forest, just a couple more minutes of walking and we'll be in Atlas' realm.

'You know this is for training.' Ozpin says as I start to follow the group.

'I know, I know.'

'Surprisingly, you greatly increased your skills. Soon, we'll practice using your aura to your advantage. Also your semblance.'

'Understood, Ozpin.'

"Oscar?" I looked up, noticed that Ruby slowed down to walk with me.

"Ruby, I thought you were going to be up ahead. Why did you slow down?"

She avoids looking at me. "I thought you were having a talk with Professor Ozpin and you walked slow. I was afraid that you were going to get lost."

"Thanks for watching out for me. I really do like how you care about me."

She looks back at me, closing her eyes and smiling. I had to smile as well. Her smile was contagious, as well as her cheerful personality. Seeing her... Ruby was a gem. "No problem, Oscar."

"Ruby! Oscar! Get over here!" Qrow's voice raised, making the area tense.

'Something's not right.' Ozpin says. 'Be ready for anything.'

'Understood.'

We quickly rushed over to see some Atlas soldiers pointing guns at us. Everyone was holding their hands up; Ruby and I do the same.