Surroundings

They suddenly grasp it out of my hands, causing a heavy feeling to mount on my chest. I scream, I reach my arms out trying to rip it out of their hands. "Mai, you need to calm down." One of the ladies in an ugly light coloured blue outfit warns me.

"Give it back!!" I shriek, they shook their head. There's four of them-- all surrounding me. Their scaring me. Tears pour down my face like a river. I'm restrained in a full on cushioned chair in a rather large room with pure white walls, pearl white.

They took it. They took the only thing keeping me alive. The only thing that keeps that little piece of sanity tucked in under me from breaking away. It's in their hands...their touching it. Their finger prints are now forever marked on it.

I fall on the ground and they back up, afraid of what I could do now that they took the only thing keeping sane.

But I'm not crazy.

I wrap my arms around my knees as one of the workers whispers something to the lady holding my key to sanity and life. I rock back and forth.

"Their touching it..." I whisper rocking forwards. "They have it..." rocking backwards. "It's mine..." rocking forwards. "It's mine..." I repeat in the same tone, rocking backwards.

They all have feared and sorrowed expressions plastered on their faces, taking a step backwards just in case I explode.

I rock back wards. "Sweetie-" the lady to my far right begins, "stop it!!" I scream, I slam my palms on my ears like a child, trying to block out their annoying, piercing voices. I start rocking back and forth.

The lady dares to step closer. I slowly look up, afraid. "I wouldn't." I warn, my voice strained and hurt. "I know you won't hurt me Mai." She whispers, slowly approaching me.

I would.

"You care too much to do that." She speaks slowly.

I don't. Does she think she's hyptotizing me or something?

"You're not that desperate in need to get that old, ripped"-- each insulting word thrown to my treasure makes the rage in me grow even stronger. --"worn out"-- I snap my head towards the lady that has my treasure. She's leaving the room. "T--" I scream at the top of my lungs, as if 20 people stabbed a knife into different areas of my body at once.

They all jump. I scowl fiercely and without hesitation I jump at the worker in front of me. I want to kill her.

I'm not crazy.

I grab her leg, gripping tightly.

I'm not crazy.

"Mai, no...relax." she keeps her voice down. I hate that. The other workers step forward and I bring my mouth to her leg.

"One step and I'll make sure she'll feel the pain of 100 electric shock waves running up her leg with deranged bones." I hiss.

I'm-- I'm not crazy. I just want my treasure.

They back up. Their lips are moving. But I hear nothing. I hear muffles. The lady tries to free herself out of my grasp but then I sink my nails into her skin causing her to cry in pain. It brings me enjoyment.

"Give me my treasure! Its my sanity!" I shout. They all exchange whispers and glances at each other from where they're standing.

They nod.

"You have to let her go first." A voice on my left says, I turn to her, still gripping the workers leg.

One leaves the room and seconds later comes out with the lady with my treasure.

I scream. "Mine!!" I frant, "GIVE IT HERE!" She steps towards me and stretches her arm out, my treasure getting closer to me.

I let go and reach out for it but she suddenly pulls back and the worker I was gripping onto is gone. Fury runs through me.

I sprint at her once she tries to run out the door. "Grab her." One of them shouts. the others grab me before I could reach her. I try to squirm free but instead I fall to the ground.

"Bloody murder!"

I am not crazy.

They grab my arms and legs. "You...have to...learn...to live without ...that thing." One of the ladies grabbing my arm struggles to say.

I ignore her and the rest of the comments they tell me. I finally give up and they release me. I land on the ground with an 'oof'. They're torturing me.

They leave me be in the asylum but not before putting foam cubes on my fists and tieing my legs together.

Was this necessary?

I just want my treasure.

I just want to go home.

I just want to be dead.

I just want a life.

But one thing I am desperate for; I want love. I want a mother who loves me and brings me hot cocoa after a nightmare, who cooks a nice steamed meal just made for me, who takes me out for a mother and daughter bonding. I want that love.

I want a father who is rather very protective of me and threatens to murder each boy I date, despite the embarrassment. Who will arrange events to make me happy and take the whole family out for dinner just for the heck of it. Who will put me-- his daughter, first. 

I want that love.

I hear murmers and chatting just outside of the door.