Bubbles

The rest of the day Louis couldn't focus,his belly felt uneasy and a small smile always tugged at the corner of his mouth,and whenever he saw 'him' in the hallways his stomach made weird flips that he didn't understand .But right now he was walking to the restaurant with his little sister Ruby, who talking about a friend or something

"-And then I told her to mind her own business but then she got mad at me!..."

"uh huh yep" Louis sighed,not wanting to hear his sister's ranting.

He then blocked out her voice and tried to focus on something but when he did,all he could think of was Nathaniel. Louis shook his head in embarrassment, Ugh! Stop doing that! What is wrong with you?!, he mentally shamed himself, "Louis!"

Ruby yelled out of nowhere, "huh? What?" Louis replied in a shock tone,curious on why his sister yelled at him,

"are you even listening to me?" She growled softly,poking his arm.

"Uhh yes?" Louis answered and his sister's face turned into a smug look, "Did you meet a girl today?" Ruby questioned,

nudging him in his side with her elbow and a light blush dusted his cheeks as he looked away. "N-no I didn't"

Louis whispered and his sister just scoffed, "Uh huh,sure if you say so"

"No I mean it! It wasn't a girl!"

Louis begged for his sister to believe him but she just laughed "Oh my god,let me guess you saw a boy didn't you?"

Ruby joked as she entered the restaurant and the bell jingled,Louis bit his bottom lip as he turned another shade darker.

"Hi! What can I get you?"

The restaurant was packed with customers,and Louis and Ruby sneaked back into the kitchen.Once they set they're backpacks in the basement,they headed straight to work.The bell jingled once more as TJ walked in the restaurant,she blowed away of her light ginger hair out of her face and greeted the siblings with warm brown eyes. "Hey Guys! What's up?!"

TJ cheered as she passed her cousins. Louis watched as his mother work the grill to taking orders,and his father running the cash register,filling cups of coffee and also taking orders as well. The three cousins also had a job to do, Tj washed the dishes,Ruby was helping to put the toppings on the burgers,and Finally Louis helped his grandmother hind the meat and was occasionally retrieving the plates for TJ to wash. Louis rubbed his eyes - Louis' eyes where just like his father's, They were a chocolate brown with a rim of hushed emerald green on the outside - he then let out a small grunt as he stretched. It's gonna be a long shift he mentally growled before he prepared himself for work.

"Two hours into the afternoon and who knows how many left" Louis growled softy to himself as he walked pass the booths,picking up empty plates. As he headed back to the kitchen he heard TJ struggling with something, his eyes widened as he saw bubbles surrounding her arms and climbing it's way to her face and stomach. She was obviously struggling to keep control of it,Louis set aside the plates and rushed over to help her. "Woa! Tj what happened !?"

Louis yelpt in surprise turning the water off. But when he turned the nob it wouldn't budge,he tried again with both hands but it still wouldn't move. Louis began to panic as he saw it overflow and drip onto the ground. "Mom!"

Louis yelled out but his mother didn't hear, "Mom!" He yelled agin but a bit louder but she still didn't hear,she was too busy with orders. His forearms where covered in the suds and both of their shirts where now wet. Tj's light purple sweater was now turning dark purple and his light yellow-green shirt was now turning another shade darker. Louis yelled out again "Dad!"

And a few moments later his father calmly walked in the kitchen,slightly confused but realization hit him hard when he saw his son and niece were slowly getting soaked in the soapy substance. Rudy rushed over to the kids and sharply turned the faucet off. "Woa what happened?"

His father asked as he handed the both of them towels. Louis wiped his arms and shirt off,before running his fingers through his raven black hair. Once TJ was mostly dried up, she turned towards Rudy, "S-sorry about that Uncle Rudy,I was trying to turn off the water but the handle wouldn't budge!" She gave him a worried smile,Rudy shook his head slightly before returning the smile.

"It's ok,that thing is getting rusty and we need to get a new one anyway." He reassured her then grabbed a handful of the bubbles. Louis watched in confusion as his father headed out towards the booths where his mother was,taking the costumers orders. To his farther shock,Rudy snuck up behind Louise and shoved the soapy substance down the back of her shirt,and a screech filled the air,the two cousins watched in amazement as Louise turned around to smack Rudy on the top of his head with her notepad. Both of their faces where bright red,as Rudy let out a raspy laugh,slowly walking backwards but slipped on what was left of the bubbles and pulled Louise down with him. Just then Louis' Grandfather chose the right moment to walk out of the employee bathroom, "What's going on?" Bob asked,and looked over to where his daughter and husband were,

laughing together on the ground while some of their customers were silently judging or quietly laughing along. Then mumbled a soft "Oh my god" before heading back to the grill. Ruby peeked through the window as she held back a judgmental comment. After sharing a brief kiss,the two got up and went back to work as usual. Louis smiled at the sight of his parents interacting,they acted like teens at times. Not a care in the world,that was until they realized they had kids and a job to attend to.

Louis stretched as his mother locked the front door of the restaurant for closing. His sister was hyper and was currently piggybacking on their father's back,commanding him to . Meanwhile their mother was asking him how his day at school was, "So did Mr Frond make you do anything stupid today?" Louise questioned her son as they walked back home.

In response Louis shrugged, "No not today ,but there was a new kid in one of my classes" Louise gave him a side glance. "New kid? How'd they look?"

Louis fiddled with his thumbs,not sure how to explained how Nathaniel looked without makeing his cheeks flush red. An image flashed upon his mind, a small skinny boy who widened a bit at the hips, his dirty blond hair curved up a bit at the tips,the way his silvery-blue eyes had defeated, suspicious look deep within them.

A sharp snap in front of his face brought Louis back to reality. After blinking rapidly in surprise,he looked up at his mother who glared at him. "God you zone out like your father and uncle!" She hissed softly, "Are you gonna tell me or not?" Louise asked, in a gentler manner.

Louis cleared his throat before replying, "Um..his name was Nathaniel,he was kinda short I guess,I think he was at my shoulder?"

He and his,mother both gave a small shrug. Just then,Ruby jumped off of Rudy's back,and held her chin up high, "Thank you servent!" "It was my honor my queen!" Rudy responded back to his daughter with a slight bow before the girl giggled in joy.

Just then Louise walked up to them with fake disappointment and shock,she 'defenfsly' stood in front of her daughter and gave her husband the death glare. "Excuse me sir but this is the queen your looking at" Louise growled playfully,And Rudy gently grabbed her hand and lifted it up to his lips before whispering, "Of course,how could I forget?" And kissed the back of her right like she royalty from a land far away. After fighting off most of the blush, Louise ruffled his hair and unlocked the front door of their apartment. 

A/N : Hnnggh sorry if this  was crappy but oh well