The Warf

Saturday. Most kids would be happy but not him.

His weekend was full with work, disaplen and abuse. But thankfully not this weekend and not for a couple either. His father was out on a buissness trip which would leave him home alone with his 'mother'. She wasn't exactly his mom,more like his father's girlfriend but she never really watched him anyway,all she did I was take two handfuls of his money,and left him to do hell knows what. After cleaning the house,the boy put on a black tank top and a navy blue sweater over it that was a little big on him which revealed some shoulder skin in return.

After finishing his outfit with black leggings,he headed outside and walked towards the Warf. He's heard some interesting facts about the towns Warf,such as that the carousel has fallen through the wooden platform and into the water below it. The boy frowned thoughtfully,How'd the hell did that happen?. Deciding to leave the question he pushed up his glasses,and adjusted the rainbow bracelet on his right wrist before double checking that the hundred dollars was still in his hidden pocket that was on the inside of his sweater. The boy let out a sigh of relief, Good,it's still there, after 10-15 ish minutes he finally arrived at the Warf. His eyes widen in amazement and his mouth curved up into a small smile.

He slowly entered the Warf,admiring his surroundings. After spotting a cotton candy booth,the boy joyfully ran over to it. The worker was busy on his phone and didn't even bother to look up "That would be..." he trailed of as he looked up from his phone and at his costumer, a young boy that was wearing feminine vibed clothing and a rainbow bracelet. "That would be $15" the worker spat in disgust,not believing that kids these days were getting gayer and gayer by the year. The young boy looked genuinely confused,why was he mad and grossed out?, he looked up at a sign that read '$3 per cotton candy'. His eyes widen, this guys ripping me off!, "B-but the sign says I-it's three d-dollars" "Yea well that's for normal people,not for gay trans like you!" The worker growled.

The boy's breathing fastened and his heart was beating out of his chest,he took a deep breath and snatched one of the cotton candies that was ready and pretecented before running away like there was no tomorrow. The workers angry yells faded in the distance as he kept on going,not even stopping for a heartbeat.

The last of the cotton candy was sitting on the ground,waiting for some pesky birds to eat it. While the boy buried his face in his knees that he hugged,he let out small quiet whimpers. And tears streamed down his face,his body slightly shaking in pain. Why was everyone he's meet so far,so mean and cruel to him? What did he do to them? He finally let go and started weeping. People walked past him,not even bothering to see what was wrong with him or why he was sad. Then he felt a small gentle tap on his shoulder,looking up with big silvery blue eyes,the boy lifted his head up.

A young middle aged man looked down at him with warm mint chocolate eyes,he had muddy auburn hair that covered the tips of his ears and wore a light blue shirt with red jean shorts. He extended his hand out to help the boy up. "Are you ok?"

He asked,his voice was soft,relaxing,and reassuring. Even tho he literally just met the guy,he felt like he could trust him. The boy Hesitatingly grabbed his hand and with one quick pull upwards,the boy was up on his feet. "Y-yes I guess" he whispered softly,he wiped his nose with his sleeve and shyly looked up, "So what happened? Why are you sad?" The man prompted gently,cautious on not to hurt the young boy's feelings.

"T-the worker t-tried to rip me o-off just because how I look and..." he hiccuped, realizing that he might be saying to much, but his thoughts were emterupted as the man spoke, "Because your gay?" He asked softly.

"H-how did you know?" The boy asked in a shocked tone,and the man took his wrist and motions his eye to his bracelet,the boy took back his hand,taking a step back in fear. "Y-your gonna judge me like everyone else!" He stutters rapidly,his whole body shaking a bit.

And The man's eyes widen a bit, "What? No! I'm not going to judge you,that an awful thing to do" he exclaimed and the boy relaxed, "So y-your not gonna j-judge me?" He asked cautiously,and the man shook his head, "No of course not,like I said that's a cruel thing to do,it doesn't matter who or what you like,it only matters if it's real" he whispered softly, "I just wish people would understand that"

then a woman's shouting voice was heard in the distance along with some kids laughter. The man looked back before standing up from his kneeling position, "heh looks like I gotta go" he chuckled softly and gently shook the boy's hand, "Well it was nice meeting you..." he trailed off,hinting for a name, "N-Nathaniel" "Well then it was nice meeting you Nathaniel,I hope things go right for you,and if you need anything from me you can find me at the restaurant" he then took out a small notepad and pen and wrote down something before giving it to Nathaniel.

"It's right down ocean avenue,really close to the Warf,anyway I hope I see you soon!" He smiled as he started to walk away,Nathaniel just realized that he didn't get to know his name.

"W-wait!" He cried out and the man turned around, "I d-didn't get your name!" The man smiled softly, "Rudy,my names Rudy" Nathaniel smiled widely before running up to him,giving Rudy a hug and he hugged back, "Bye!" Nathaniel cheered before running out of the Warf and back home.

Once he was home,he sat on his bed and pulled out the paper Rudy had given to him. In neat writing the words 'Louise's burgers' was written on it. Then he remembered that it was on ocean avenue,near the Warf,it would be pretty easy to find it. Nathaniel was getting hungry and didn't want anything he had at home,but it was getting dark,he wouldn't have enough time to go there. He didn't have a choice but to eat what he had at the moment,he warmed up some pasta and turned on the tv. The theme song start that made him giddy and excited,and he began eating,eyes glued to the television. Later that night he thought to himself,that next time he had the chance,he would go and visit the restaurant.

A/N : Nathaniel is not trans just to clarify