Thoughts Lead To Detention

September 3, 1998

Hermione lay in bed thinking about Draco. They were definitely something.

But were they actually in love?

That's the question that was going through her head that whole school day. She had flying that Monday morning and fell off her broom. Luckily, Draco saw her fall and caught her.

Then in potions, she and Harry were partners and he wasn't paying attention thinking Hermione would do it correctly but no, Hermione just threw all the ingredients in the cauldron at once and then it turned black and exploded in the two students's faces.

That earned her a detention. And Harry for doing absolutely nothing. But that's the point. He wasn't doing anything.

"Miss Granger! Mr Potter! What did you do? This is very unusual of you. I'm sorry but this is very qualified for a detention. I will be seeing you at 7:30. Dismissed." Slughorn had told her.

Hermione looked at the clock. 7:24. Oh crap she bolted to the potions room and got there at 7:29. Perfect.

Harry was not there when she opened the door of the potions classroom. But Professor Slughorn was.

"Good afternoon Miss Granger. Please have a seat and let's wait for Harry."

Hermione sat down in the desk in front of Slughorn. At that moment, Harry walked into the room. He sat next to Hermione.

"You're late." Hermione muttered in his ears.

"I figured that out." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Harry, you shouldn't be relying on Hermione all the time." Slughorn started. "You have to do some work too."

Even Ron is doing better than Harry. Hermione thought.

Slughorn made Harry and Hermione do essays on what they were doing wrong and it was 8:56 when they finished.

The two students exited the classroom and went to their dorms. Hermione smiled and waved as he went to his dorm and Hermione sleepily walked down the long corridor of dorms until she reached hers and Draco's.

Hermione slowly walked into her room and flopped on her bed and fell right asleep.

~~~

September 4 , 1998

"Hermione."

Someone was shaking her.

"Hermione Granger."

Her eyes slowly opened.

"Go away. I'm sleeping." Hermione replied as Draco Malfoy was facing Hermione's back.

"If you really want to miss class..."

She looked at the clock.

"SHOOT."

Hermione rushed around the dorm trying to get ready. She knew if she wanted to get to class on time she couldn't of had breakfast. Then she remembered the letter they got on the train told them they had a kitchen.

She calmed down and walked into the kitchen, seeing it had muggle appliances, she opened the refrigerator and took out an apple and ate it.

Draco walked into the kitchen and was surprised that Hermione had an apple even though it could not have came from anywhere.

"Do you not know what a refrigerator is?" Hermione asked as Draco stared at the apple in her hand.

"A what?" Draco questioned.

"Simply a fridge. It cools your food to keep it fresh."

"Okay then."

"Try it."
"
Draco opened the fridge he saw the large amount of apples and he took all of the green ones out.

"Draco," Hermione started. "Do you need all of those right now?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

Draco threw an Apple core into the trash.

"Woah." Hermione stared at him like he was crazy. "You and your apples." She saw a pantry, so she looked inside and found bread. She put a slice in the toaster and watched Draco's eyes widen. "I suggest you don't touch the toaster. I really don't trust you."

"I trust that I shouldn't."

"Great." Hermione grabbed the toast that just popped up and found a knife and butter. She buttered the toast and walked out the door to her first class.

~~~

Dinner Time

"Are you really going to make me sit with the Gryffindor's again?" A boy asked.

"Yes, I am. You complain too much!"

The boys eye caught a familiar face.

"Draco!" He yelled.

Draco walked towards him.

"Lavender Brown. They put you with Lavender Brown." Draco laughed.

"You were there. Do you not remember?" The boy asked.

"Blaise, I fell asleep."

Blaise laughed. "You think this is crazy? Do you not remember who you're with?"

"I've always loved her Blaise. This isn't a problem for me."

"For her! It's probably torture! I mean, I'd feel bad for anyone who has to marry you."

"Shut up."

"Nah. Come on, we have to go sit with the Gryffindors."

They went and sat down with their future wives.