khal drogo

The khal sat on his bear skin throne and watched, his eyes narrow as he focussed on the khaleesi, the whole room was chanting her name but her eyes bore into his as though her soul was watching him.

In her hand she held the heart, the heart of a horse, against her tiny frame it seemed huge, she took her first bite.

She tried to hide a grimace but her features contorted as she swallowed the first bite, the khal gave a nod to show her he was there for her.

Today bore him worry, if the khaleesi could not keep the whole heart down, she would be branded an outcast and become a slave, every khaleesi capable of bearing sons could keep down a heart.

He believed in his moon and stars, he had faith in her. He looked around for site of her brother, but he had not set his eyes upon him for 7 moons almost now, he re focussed on the khaleesi whose eyes were still on him.

What seemed like an eternity later, she swallowed the last bite of the heart, her face coverd in blood she rose, standing in the middle of the dothraki mass, she seemed so powerful, so beautiful, unable to contain his pride the khal stood, walked over to her and picked her up by the waist, he walked around the room with her, showing off his new khaleesi, the khaleesi of the khaleesi's his moon and stars.

Early the next day he and the khalassar set off from vaes dothrak, he was sad to leave the city but the open planes and the sun on his back made him wonder why he had not set off sooner, the phantom khalassar was pushed to the back of his mind as he enjoyed the sun beating down onto his back, he rode ahead with the blood riders and they encountered a small civilisation, it did not take him and his riders long to take down the small mass of people, steal their horses and enslave and rape their women, he felt bad for touching the women but it was badluck not to, the dothraki law said so.

A old woman hobbled out of the hut, he let out a booming laugh and shouted

"Riders, which one of you will mount this treasure"

The blood riders all laughed in unsison at the old woman.

"I may be old but I know" replied the woman, suprising them all by speaking dothraki.

"Who are you" asked the khal, his horse trotting round her in circles untill he came face to face with her.

"I am Irri Riveren, of the macadabe tribe, you are the great khal drogo, whoose son shalt be the stallion to mount the world"

The khal felt his heart beat faster, a son? Was the khaleesi bearing? He didn't recall her blood coming.

'Witch, how do you know this"

"I know all khal, but you will pay a price, fatherhood will make you wise, wisdom will make you fearful, and fear will empower the phantom" the woman smiled and began to laugh, a spine chilling laugh. The khal turned his horse and nodded to Rakharo, who got off his horse and decapitated the woman with a single swing of his axe.

"Do not let the twisted words of a witch cause you fear great khal" said Pono, a bloodrider.

"The khal does not fear" replied rakharo, mounting his horse.

The khal simply did not reply, they rode west for another hour toward the sun,and then set up camp, he wanted nothing more than to speak with the khaleesi.