Will you kindly reject me?

January 2016, Mumbai.

              "Come on didi , how long are you going to take to get ready? 23 year old Aayesha Malhotra kept asking her elder sister Priya while struggling to find the iron for ironing her crisp white shirt and jet black pencil skirt she had kept ready for her interview. "Can't you just calm down a bit , its so hard to get this wing thing perfect, how do you manage to do it everyday? Priya was applying the eyeliner on the left eyelid for third time now. "Let me do it for you."

              Being an air hostess it was very usual for Aayesha to have her makeup on fleek. "Just a bit of a pretty lipstick shade and you are ready to go didi , i will find one for you". Aayesha had always been a very enthusiastic person , ready to help everyone(especially if you needed help with outfits and makeup) "Be quick i need to reach there on time" Priya was scrolling through all the emails she had received in past two days and checking her daily tasks list.

             "Priya ,Aayesha come fast. The cab is waiting." Mrs. Anita Rajesh Malhotra , their mother called out for them while preparing dahi shakkar (curd with sugar, Indian parents normally give this if when someone is going for a good work). It was an important day for both the girls. 'face the interviewers confidently, tell about your previous experience ,answer politely and don't forget to greet them."Mr. Rajesh Malhotra , their loving dad was instructing Aayesha.

             "Answer him , establish a conversation , share your likes-dislikes, act interested , smile in front of him beta (dear child)." It was the fifth time Anita was telling Priya while she simply kept replying "Yes, mommy I will."After dropping Aayesha at the Jet Airways office and giving her a hug wishing good luck , Priya left for the restaurant.

             Entering inside, she checked out herself in the mirror. She was looking breathtaking in a pink knee length dress, her tresses left open and the light makeup which perfectly complimented her flawless skin.(Thanks to Aayesha). She took a seat from where she could see the sea. "When will this man come?"she was waiting since 20 minutes now.

            "Hey , sorry I am a little late, Mumbai traffic you know and its too much in the peak hours. By the way I am Siddharth Shukla, nice to meet you Miss. Priya." A man in his early 30s , wearing black trousers , perfectly ironed blue shirt said. "Oh its ok. Not a big deal. Nice to meet you too!",she said. "You know its so hard to bring my Audi from these tiny roads and i left from my office quickly when i saw its 1pm in my Iphone 6s , . I accidentally dropped my rado watch somewhere in the Audi , so time got wasted in finding it out." Priya on the other side of the table was seeing the beautiful sea, thinking why she was stuck with this man , a match sent for her by her distant aunt whom she never met in real life.

           After briefly introducing herself drinking a cappuccino while the man was devouring his pasta, she decided to come to the point now. "Ok , so Mr. Siddharth. It was really good meeting you but frankly speaking i don't want to get married right now. I want to do my duties i have for my family, i want to fulfill their wishes . I am really sorry for wasting your precious time but i hope you understand me." pausing for a moment analyzing the surprised man sitting in front of her, she continued after taking a deep breath..."So Mr.Siddharth, Will you kindly reject me?"

          He was shocked. After an awkward silence of 10 minutes he finally said that he would tell Rajashree aunt (matchmaker aunt) that he has rejected her. Priya was happy.A hurdle in her race of success was finally overcomed by her. She paid for her cappuccino and thanking the man once again, she left the restaurant.

What would her parents react now?

Why is her mother so eager to get her married?

Stay tuned to find out!    

A picture of Priya.

Hello everyone!This was just a beginning chapter so its written in third person's POV

Hello everyone!
This was just a beginning chapter so its written in third person's POV.
As the story progresses the main character's POV would be written.
Just a beginner.
Do let me know about your thoughts and suggestions.